four.

Parker sat anxiously on the baseline of the basketball court as she watched the basketball game. She was supposed to be taking pictures, but the score of the game was far too close and she could take any good pictures.

She watched as Jake threw the ball to Tim who passed to Nathan. Nathan shot the ball and missed, but luckily Jake got the rebound and passed it to Lucas who was standing behind the three-point line. As the clock winded down, Lucas took the shot and as the buzzer went off, the ball fell in.

Parker jumped off the floor as she screamed happily, she then remembered that she was supposed to be taking pictures, so as the team rushed to cheer on Lucas, Parker made sure that she captured photos of the moment.

After the game, she was waiting around for Jesse so she could drive him home. While waiting, she saw Jake walk out of the locker room. When she saw him, her back straightened just a bit. She wanted to make herself invisible, but she no longer had that trait. Jake's eyes seemed to find her immediately and a smile came over his face as he walked toward her.

"Parker. Hey," Jake said, still smiling at her.

"Congrats," were the words that fell out of her mouth, "On the win."

Jake laughed, "Thanks, though I had nothing to do with it. It was all Lucas.

"Well if you didn't get that rebound, Lucas would have never made the shot, so technically you helped win the game," Parker told him.

Jake's smile seemed to widen as he looked at her, "Well when you put it that way it makes me seem pretty important."

"Well what do we have here?" Parker felt an arm slide around her shoulders and knew instantly that the voice belonged to Brooke Davis, "Good game tonight Jake."

"Thanks Brooke," Jake told her. His eyes went back to Parker as though there was something he wanted to say to her, but instead he said, "I guess I'll see you at school."

"Yes," Parker told him with a smile, "School."

Jake gave her a wave before walking away. When Jake was no longer in the gym, Brooke removed her arm and fell out into a fit of giggles. Parker narrowed her eyes at Brooke, giving her a light shove.

"Not funny," Parker muttered.

"Oh my god Parker, that was so awkward!" Brooke said through her giggles. Parker rolled her eyes and was grateful when she saw Jesse walking out of the locker room. His eyes were on Brooke who was trying to stop laughing.

"What happened to her?" Jesse asked, but Parker grabbed his arm and began dragging him to the exit.

"See you later Parker!" Brooke shouted after her, but Parker said nothing as she pushed the school doors open. As the cool Tree Hill air hit them, Parker released her brother's arm and stormed toward her car. She heard Jesse jog to catch up with her.

"Since when are you and Brooke Davis friends?" Jesse asked her.

"I don't know!" Parker exclaimed as she unlocked her car door, "She's been acting as though we're friends, but we're not!"

Parker got in the car and aggressively started it. Jesse slid into the passenger seat, "But didn't you like have a crush on her in middle school?"

Parker narrowed her eyes at her brother, "We do not speak of that!"

It wasn't a crush per say. Parker just thought Brooke was really pretty and really wanted Brooke to like her. That was only a crush by middle school standards. The only reason Jesse knew about her crush on Brooke was because he read her diary.