thirty-one

"Good morning," Brooke says as she enters the kitchen. Grace and Jesse stare at Brooke surprised. Their eyes drift to Parker and back to Brooke who pours herself a bowl of cereal.

"Morning?" Jesse says confused.

"We're dating," Parker says to her siblings. Grace's eyebrows rise high on her forehead and Jesse blinks a couple of times, processing the information.

"Congratulations!" Grace says, "Does mom know?"

"Yep," Parker says, "She gave Brooke permission to stay over."

"Until I get a new bed because my mom sold mine," Brooke tells them with a smile. Grace and Jesse share a look.

"Oh, sorry about that," Jesse tells her awkwardly.

Parker feels the weird energy in the room and grabs Brooke's hand, "We're gonna go to school now."

"But my cereal," Brooke said as Parker tugged her along.

"Jesse will eat it, see you guys later," Parker tells her siblings and Brooke waves at them before closing the door behind her. They get in Parker's car.

"Oh, can we stop by my house? I want to grab something," Brooke tells her. Parker really wants to say no because she likes getting to school early, but Brooke pouts and Parker really can't deny her anything.

Parker stops outside of Brooke's house and her jaw drops when she sees Brooke's shattered windshield. Brooke rushes over to the car looking at it, and then Felix's house with a frown. Parker gets out of the car and looks at the windshield.

"I can pay for it to get replaced," Parker tells her.

"It's fine," Brooke says shaking her head, "I'm just gonna grab something and I'll be back."

Parker leans against her car and watches as Brooke goes into the house. She crosses her arms over her chest and watches as Felix walks out of his house. She glares at him but doesn't say anything. Brooke walks out of her house and closes the door behind her before heading back to Parker's car.

They get back into Parker's car, but she can't help but linger, as she narrows her eyes at Felix once more.

They argue the entire way to school, Parker wanting to pay for Brooke's car to get fixed, Brooke not wanting her to, but Parker says screw it and asks Lucas how much it would cost to get it replaced.

"Oh that'd be easy," Lucas says, "I can fix it up if you'd like."

"Really? Thank you, Lucas!" Parker says throwing her arms around his neck. Lucas laughs and pats her back awkwardly.

"Can I ask why you're paying for Brooke's windshield?" Lucas asks.

"Because I'm rich," Parker says with a shrug. Lucas walks with her till they get to his class and he heads inside. Parker continues walking down the hall and stops when she sees Peyton at her locker.

"Hey Peyton," Parker greeted.

"Hey," Peyton said shutting her locker. Parker looked at the red DYKE that had been spray-painted on it and a gasp escaped her.

"Peyton who did this?" Parker asked, "Was it, Anna?"

Peyton shook her head, "I got to school before her, and she stayed at my house last night. She apologized for everything."

"Has Brooke seen this?" Parker asked.

"Seen what?" Brooke stopped in front of Peyton's locker and looked over at it. She covered her mouth with her hand and looked at Peyton, "Who did this?"