eleven.

Parker sat in front of a computer, trying to come up with some sort of article to discuss what had happened with Nathan, and why basketball had been cancelled till further notice. However, Parker just couldn't bring herself to do it. Nathan had been through so much already; it just didn't feel right. Hitting the backspace button, Parker cleared the screen.

"Hey beautiful," Jake said before stopping in his tracks. Parker looked up at him as Jake scratched the back of his neck, "Too much?"

"It's fine," Parker said as she looked back at the computer screen, "Did Jesse let you in?"

"Yeah, I hope that's okay," Jake asked, and Parker smiled at him.

"Jake, can you relax?" Parker asked, "I can feel your stress from here."

"Sorry," Jake said as he took a seat on her bed, "I've been thinking, and I wanted to ask you on a date."

Parker's eyebrows rose, "A date?"

"Unless-"

"No, a date sounds great!" Parker said, not wanting Jake to question himself any further. Everyone told her Jake was a good guy, it was time for Parker to figure it out herself.

"Really?" Jake asked, "I mean great!"

Parker laughed and Jake joined in, smiling fondly at her.

"I guess I'll call you?" Jake asked as he stood up and Parker nodded. He gave her a parting smile as he left her room. Parker leaned back in her chair as she let out a sigh.

"Parker Jessica Taylor!" she heard her mother call from downstairs. Parker stood up and rushed down the stairs to see her mother sitting in the kitchen, a sly smile on her face, "Please take a seat."

Parker sat down and looked at her mother, "Okay the other night I was at Peyton's and we were watching movies."

"This isn't about that," Jessica said grinning, "This is about the handsome young man that just walked out of this house. Was that Jake?"

"Yes," Parker said, "You didn't say anything to him, did you?"

Jessica laughed and shook her head, "No I didn't. So, what did he want?"

"To ask me on a date," Parker said, Jessica's smile turned into a full grin.

"A date? Did you say yes?" her mother asked, and Parker sighed as she nodded.

"Yes mom, I said yes," Parker said, unable to help the growing smile on her face. Jessica let out a squeal and threw her arms around Parker.

"My baby's got her first date," Jessica said squeezing her tightly, "When's the date?"

"Jake's going to call," Parker told her.

"Well I want you to give me all the details, okay?" Parker nodded her head and Jessica pressed a kiss to the crown of her daughter's forehead, "I love you sweetheart."

Parker looked up at her mom with a smile, tears threatening to fall from her eyes, "I love you too, mom."

~*~

"Friends!" Parker said as she threw her arms around Lucas and Haley, "I have news!"

Lucas laughs as he looks at her, "What is it?"

Parker retracts her arms, "As the single friend in the group I'd like to say that Jake asked me on a date."

"And did you just stare at him?' Haley asked, smirking as she looked over at Parker.

"No," Parker said rolling her eyes, "I said yes."

"Great. Haley and Nathan, Me and Brooke, and Parker and Jake," Lucas said nodding his head, "Last year us would be so surprised."