thirty-seven

"So you're the photographer," Lucas says as Parker approaches the church.

"So you're the best man," Parker responds, "I thought you would be taller."

Lucas laughs, "What are you doing here so early?"

"I just wanted to get familiar with the area, so the pictures turn out okay," Parker tells him, "Why are you here?"

"Just making sure Keith is okay," Lucas tells her. He glances down at the sidewalk, "I feel like you have been avoiding me."

"I have," Parker tells him, "You moved in with Dan. Jerk move."

"Parker-"

"You don't have to explain anything to me," Parker tells him. She begins walking away, but Lucas chases after her.

"Parker wait!"

"What?" she asks.

Lucas sighs, "Look I get that Haley left and that I've upset you, but Parker you're my best friend too and I need you."

"For what?" Parker asks.

"Talking about things," Lucas says, "You know, like Brooke."

Parker rolls her eyes, "Lucas, are you going to let her go?"

He sighs, "How can I? I made the biggest mistake messing things up with her and I want to fix it, I just don't know how."

"Have you ever thought that maybe she's moved on?" Parker asks softly. The truth was on her tongue, but she couldn't tell Lucas. They weren't really on good terms and it just didn't seem appropriate.

"I have," Lucas tells her nodding his head, "But what if there's a chance? I have to tell her."

Parker let out a defeated sigh, "Look, if you feel that there's a chance that something can happen between you and Brooke, then tell her how you feel, but if she's not receptive then you need to leave her alone. Forever."

"Forever?" Lucas asks and Parker nods her head firmly.

"Forever."

"Okay," Lucas says, "I'm going to ask her to be my date to the wedding."

Parker's eyes widen, "Wait, you shouldn't do that."

"Why not? It'd be the perfect opportunity to tell her how I feel," Lucas says and Parker can't even come up with an argument for why that's a bad idea because it's a wedding and it would be ideal for Lucas to confess his feelings while emotions were high.

"Then tell her," Parker says, "Get closure, but then move on."

"I will," Lucas says. He shoves his hands further into his pocket in true Lucas Scott fashion, "Talked to Haley lately?"

"No," Parker says, "She doesn't answer the phone when I call."

"Well Parker, I know you're mad at me, but I we're still best friends and if you ever need to talk-"

"I know where to find you," Parker told him.

___

"Nathan, I made a huge mistake," Parker says as she barges into Nathan's apartment. Nathan pauses with a spoon of cereal halfway into his mouth. He looks up at her concerned at Parker takes a seat on one of the stools across from him.

"I told Lucas to confess his feelings for Brooke," Parker tells him, "Now this could go either two ways; one is that Brooke actually really likes me, and she ignores Lucas, or she still has feelings for him and I get dumped."