sixty-two

"When were you going to tell me that Brooke is pregnant?" Rachel asks as Parker sets up her camera equipment. She raises an eyebrow and looks over at Brooke.

"I didn't know that Brooke was pregnant," Parker says, and she can feel Brooke's eyes on her, burning a hole through her skull.

"I'm not pregnant," Brooke says firmly.

"Sure," Rachel says taking her robe off, "Any way you can't keep it."

"Why?" Brooke asks and Parker can hear the hurt in her voice.

"You'd be a terrible mother," Rachel says, draping herself across the bed, "As soon as Brooke junior hits puberty, Brooke senior hits South Beach."

"I would not!" Brooke exclaims.

"Thought you weren't pregnant?" Rachel says with a smirk. Brooke lets out a groan as she crosses the room to stand beside Parker.

"What's this for again?" Brooke asked looking at Parker.

"Maxim Magazine," Rachel says as she starts posing in her lingerie, "They're looking for Tree Hill's Hometown Hottie."

"Ready?" Parker asks and Rachel nods at her.

"So, Parker, what do you think?" Rachel asks as she changes poses, "Do I look hot?"

Parker snaps a couple of pictures before she lowers the camera, "I think you look beautiful, Rachel."

The compliment catches Brooke and Rachel off guard. Rachel recovers faster than Brooke and smiles at Parker genuinely. The photographer returns the gesture before continuing to snap pictures. When Rachel calls it quits, Parker sits down beside her on the bed, scrolling through the pictures. Rachel looks at them pointing out the ones she really likes.

"Thanks, Parker," Rachel tells her and Parker shrugs as she starts putting her camera back in the bag.

"It's no big deal," Parker tells her with a smile.

"Well, it's a big deal to me," Rachel rises onto her knees and presses a kiss to Parker's cheek. Across the room, Brooke rolls her eyes and heads into the bathroom, closing the door with a loud slam.

"What's wrong with her?" Rachel asks as she looks at the door.

"She's probably mad you accused her of being pregnant," Parker says with a soft laugh and Rachel raises an eyebrow.

"Speaking of, are you ready to be a stepmom? Because that's what you'll be if you stay with Brooke."

"Stay with her?" Parker asks, "We're not even together."

"Really?" Rachel says intrigued, "What happened that night of the party?"

"Nothing," Parker says, "And that's the problem. You thought I looked hot. Guys on the basketball team thought I looked hot, hell I knew I looked hot and Brooke did nothing."

"Damn," Rachel says, "Well I told you to come to find me afterward."

Parker laughs, "I couldn't find you, so I went home."

"You weren't looking hard enough," Rachel teases, she leans back on the bed, falling into the pillows, "Look, Brooke is a changed woman. She's pregnant, so sex won't work for her, she needs to channel her feelings or whatever."

"Do you actually think she's pregnant?" Parker asks and Rachel nods.

"Her hints have been as subtle as bombs."

The bathroom door opens and the two of them fall silent, watching as Brooke storms over to her side of the room. She looks up at the two of them, a frown still on her lips, "What?"