twenty-one.

"Dan Scott is a psychopath," Jesse said as he flung himself on Parker's bed, wincing. Parker laughed and spun in her chair.

"Practice that bad?" Parker asked, though she already knew the answer.

"Horrible," Jesse says, pushing himself up on his elbows, "I miss having Jake around. He made the best Dan jokes."

"Yeah," Parker said swaying in the chair, "I miss him too."

"So can you take some really good pictures of me for the playoffs?" Jesse asked, "I'm gonna give them to Dad for Christmas."

"Oh," Parker said slightly surprised, knowing that their Dad was not going to be home for Christmas, but she wasn't going to tell Jesse that, "Sure, whatever you need."

"Thanks, Sis," Jesse said as he stood up from the bed. Parker watched as her younger brother limped out of her room.

Parker's phone rang on her desk and she glanced to see that it was Brooke calling. She wasn't going to answer it, but she hadn't really spent time with Brooke since she and Peyton made up, so she decided to see why she was calling.

"Hey," Parker said as she answered the phone.

"What are you wearing right now?" Brooke's raspy voice asked through the phone. Parker's eyebrows furrowed as she looked down at her Looney Toons pajama pants and the tank top she was wearing.

"Looney Toons pajama pants?" Parker answered and not a second later did she hear Brooke laughing on the line.

"That's hot," Brooke said, and Parker could hear her smiling, "Anyway, get dressed, we're going out."

"But-"

"No buts," Brooke tells her, "I haven't seen you in a while and I miss you. Plus, I think you're going to like what we have planned."

"We?" Parker asks.

"Peyton and I," Brooke told her.

"Oh," Parker said into the phone, "Should I wear something specific?"

"Something hot," Brooke tells her, "We're going clubbing."

___

"So we just hide here while Brooke lies to Nicki?" Parker asks and Peyton nods her head with a smile.

"I hope you don't mind that I helped him," Peyton says, looking sheepishly at Parker, "I'm not into him or anything, he's just a really good friend and-"

"It's fine," Parker told her, "I'm really glad that you helped him. He and Jenny deserve to be free of Nicki."

"Do you miss him?" Peyton asked and Parker sighed as she looked at the sea of people.

"I do. A lot. It's the little things," Parker tells her. She tried to avoid talking about Jake and what a mess her feelings were at the moment, "Are you still mad at Lucas?"

"I'm not really mad, just disappointed. It's crazy to think that he and Nathan have almost swapped places. Nathan is in a stable relationship and Lucas dating around."

Parker laughs at that.

Brooke skips over to them, a wide grin on her lips, "Who's ready to play pool?"

"So?" Parker asked.

"She's got a long road trip to Seattle," Brooke told them, her smile growing even wider.

"Nice," Peyton told her, high fiving Brooke and Parker.

"I guess we're done here?" Parker asked and Brooke and Peyton both looked at her with wide eyes.