The camping trip!

Sharpe and Charles had headed outside the camp for awhile. They had a small tent set up along with other goodies. The two were camping the night out to relax. After the whole banger incident, byng allowed it. Charles still didn't have his new prosthetic, so he relied on his crutches. He and Sharpe were sitting on a log and watching their fire.

"I'm really happy we got to do this!" Sharpe chirped happily. Charles looked at his legless hip and frowned. Sharpe caught on and pulled him into a soft hug. "It'll be ok, Charles." Sharpe reassured and Charles nuzzled him. Sharpe blushed a bit and they both laughed happily.

Charles picked up his bayonet and shoved a marshmallow on the tip. "I'm gonna laugh if that actually works." Sharpe said with a snicker. "You brought yours too! Come on!" Charles encouraged with a big grin. The two were roasting marshmallows on the sharp blades of their bayonets. "How the heck....?" Sharpe said in surprise as it worked. "I told you it would!" Charles chimed in and got the Graham crackers and chocolate. "I really do have the bestest friend!" Sharpe squealed as Charles put the smores together. The two munched on the messy treats while cuddling up together.

They had survived the war together after all. So it was normal for them to just hug and such. It was all platonic too. No romance, just 2 best friends. They still wore their friendship bracelets they made during the war. The two men finished eating and stared up at the star filled night sky. It was a beautiful sight that they rarely got to admire. Byng was rough with the soldiers training. Charles had small tasks but was usually stuck in the medical bay from pains.

"The sky looks so beautiful..." Sharpe trailed off as he stared in awe. "Heh...it sure does. I wish we could have seen the sun setting though..." Charles whimpered and looked down at the fire. The campfire was a mix of colors all swirling into a beautiful flurry. "I really dont want to go back tomorrow...." Charles put a hand on his legless hip and frowned. Sharpe put his hand on Charles hand. "I promise it'll be ok. I'll be with you and so will Arnold, Henry and Donald!" Sharpe said with a big smile. Charles hugged him and buried his face into his friends chest. "Thank you, Aaron..." He started to sob but burst into full blown tears. Sharpe hugged him close and rubbed his back in comfort. "Itll be ok, Charles." Sharpe nuzzled him and held him close.

Once Charles relaxed, the two went into their tent. Sharpe put the fire out with 2 buckets of water beforehand. The duo went into their tent and got into their cozy sleeping bags. They were 2 happy chonks on a small camping trip together. The two fell asleep shortly after. Dreaming of their adventures soon to be written by me! But that will have to wait until later.

(505 words! Woot! Thicc_Boi_Soldiers)