Shall We Dance? (soldier x male reader)

You were at a ball by yourself. Your friend had convinced you to go. You were anything but happy. You were even roped into wearing a ball gown. It was a joke though. Some asshole completely trashed your suit last minute.  Then conveniently put a sparkly pink gown in its place.

You were just trying to avoid everyone. You werent interested in the event and went outside for air. "H-hello!" A nervous soldier said when you startled him. "Did i scare you..?" You asked worridly. "Im....not good with people being quiet..." He said with a nervous smile. "Sorry about that." You apologized and sat doen on the bench next to him.

"I just wanted away from that damn party." You sighed. "As did I! I didn't even want to come! But the general forced everyone..." The soldier said with a huff. "Well, we could try to enjoy it together." You said with a smile. "R-really?!" He stumbled on his own words. "We could make the night ours!" You stood up smiling and offered him your hand. He took a moment then took your hand. You pulled him into a hug and by fate, lips locked. You both blushed under your masks but didn't break the kiss. You both enjoyed it. "Oh look, gay love birds." A mean soldier teased. "One moment." You said as you proceeded to hike up your dress and kick the soldier in the nuts. He let out a high pitch scream as he fell over. "He isn't having babies any time soon." Your new lover said with a snicker.

You both went inside and held hands the entire time. You pulled him into a hug and he embraced you. "Im very happy we met." He said as he kissed you softly. You smiled and kissed him passionately. A few men glanced at you but shut their mouths. They knew you werent to be fucked with.

You both were just clinging to each other the entire time. It didn't matter what happened around you. The two of you were just happy to be together. "I really love you, even if we just met tonight." He said as you both cuddled on a couch in the ball room. You smiled and nuzzled into him. "And I love you even more! I genuinely mean that too." You kissed him softly. "So, what position are you normally?" He asked. "Im usually thrown outside the camp on guard duty." You said with a frown. "That seems dull, im a medic most of the time." He kissed your nose. "I really am happy to have met you." You hugged him even closer to you and teared up. "Are you ok...?" He asked worridly when he noticed tears dripping down your face. "Im sorry...im...im just overwhelmed." You choked out as you sobbed into his chest. He looked around and was glad nobody noticed. "Shhh..." He rubbed your back and held you close to himself. "N-nobody ever likes me s-so this is n-new...." You choked out through tears. He kissed your head and nuzzled you. "Well, I love you with all my heart and soul. No matter what happens, im here." He reassured and kept smothering you in kisses.

Once the ball ended the two of you headed back to the base with everyone else. You both held hands the entire time. You'd taken off your heels because you felt your feet blister. He scooped you in his arms bridal style. You yelped and blushed. "I know your feet hurt, so I thought Id help!" He said with a big smile as he walked you back to the base. "I never want this night to end." He cooed at you. Byng stopped the two of you and you blushed. "What?" Your lover asked calmly. "I told you, balls are how you find love." He teased as he walked off. You stuck your tongue out at the general and huffed. "Regardless, I love you so very much. And nothing can or will change that." He said as he kissed you passionately but softly. "And i love you even more!" You said as you hugged him tight. He was still holding you bridal style, but you were determined to hug him.  "My sweet soldier." You said happily.

(719 words. Male reader because i hate writing female readers over and over. Like im so bored of writing females. Plus yall do fem readers all the time. Gimme males <.<)