The Morning Dew

Roger was outside before James could even get out of bed. He was out while the sky was still darkened. The constables noticed him but knew they'd be in trouble if they pestered. Roger made sure to stay in their own yard as to be close to James. 

James was still in their bed and fast asleep. He swaddled himself into the soft blanket he and his lover shared. He drooled on the pillow his head lay upon. The raven haired man would occasionally roll over and finally he woke. He yawned and looked around without his glasses on. "Roger...?" He said tiredly as he got up, still glassesless as well.

James still had the warm blanket wrapped around him as he walked. "Moo!" Roger said in surprise as James hugged him. "Why did you leave the bed...?" James said with sadness in his voice. Roger kissed him softly as James began to shiver from the cold morning air. Roger pulled him into a warming hug and nuzzled him. "You need to go back into bed, moo. We both know you get ill easily." Roger said softly. "B-but i can't without you!!" James whinpered out.

Roger frowned when he saw James was barefoot. "You need to go to bed...." Roger said as he picked up his lover bridal style. "As do you!" James whined as he was carried back to their bedroom. Roger softly lay him onto the still warm mattress and sheets. James reached up and pulled his lover close. Roger purred and nuzzled into his lovers warmth. "Stay with me in bed..." James begged and was met with a soft kiss. "Soon enough, moo." Roger stood up and opened one of their chests. The red head pulled another fluffy blanket out and laid it over his lover.

Roger ran a hand through his lovers raven black hair. James yawned and slowly drifted back to sleep. Roger cooed softly and gave him a soft kiss before going back outside. He looked up and saw the sun begin to rise. The colors of dark blue swirled with white clouds. The orange and pink hues. Yellow and white dancing acrosd the sky before a plum purple ran across. And finally the sun was up. "Good morning, Mr. Sun." Roger said as he stared at the sky with a smile. Oh how the new day started so softly but so beautiful.

(400 words. EccentricMethod)