Work Buddies (Tsundere! Todomatsu x reader)

For DarkReidenMai
(Please let me know if anyone has any request. I'm kind of low on ideas😅)

"Hey Todomatsu!" I greet as I enter Sutabaa and hear him groan softly. I walk up to the counter and bounce on my heels. "What are you doing?" I ask and he sighs "my job. You should get changed so you can do yours." I smile and nod "okay!" I say before poking his nose "hehe I booped ya!" I say before rushing to the change room. I quickly got changed and rush back to join Todomatsu. Working with Todomatsu was so much fun.

Even if he ignores me most of the time and acts "cold" towards me I still love talking to him. Right now I was cleaning tables with a smile and Todomatsu calls out to me. I hum and lift my head. "There's no reason to rush. So calm down and clean the tables properly." He says with that annoyed face and I laugh "oh right, okay Todomatsu! Thanks for the reminder!" I shout and he sighs with a slight eye roll.

I went back to cleaning tables and smile. That's another about Todomatsu. He knows when to calm me down. You see I have something called Angelman Syndrome. Angelman syndrome is a genetic disorder that primarily affects the nervous system. Some features of this condition include developmental delay, intellectual disability, severe speech impairment, problems with movement/balance and epilepsy.

Individuals with Angelman syndrome also typically have a happy, excitable demeanor with frequent smiling and laughter. Which is what I have along with epilepsy. Though I've grown to accept my condition and so have my friends. I glance over when someone walks in and wave at them with a very happy "Hello! Welcome to Sutabaa!" They jump slightly startled before smiling and waving back.

I went back to cleaning with me greeting some regulars. The nice thing about regulars is they know my condition and understand it. Some have also witnessed a few of my epileptic seizures. Those are stories for another day. Though sometimes we get newcomers. Which just so happened to be today as a new woman came in. I did my usual greeting and she looked at me like I was crazy.

She ordered and went to sit down but kept staring at me as I clean the floors now while greeting people. Then she spoke up "excuse me?" I hum and turn to her with a smile "yes ma'am!" She hums and looks at me with a strange look. "Why do you shout like that?" She asks and I tilt my head with a hum. "What do you mean?" I ask with my smile plastered on my face.

"And drop the smile. I get being nice and all for the customers but your overdoing it. It's a little creepy." She says and I hum "oh sorry, but I can't help it you see I have this condition whe-" she cuts me off "ohh so you're one of those demented people." I froze and hum "w-what?" I ask softly and she hums "you know demented? Uh a spaz." I drop the mop and look down.

"N-No. I'm n-n-not a s-s-spaz." I say as my stutter comes out. "Y-You s-s-shouldn't s-say that k-k-k" "oh and now you're stuttering to the point it's hard to understand you. You sure you aren't a spaz or something?" She cuts me off and I drop my head as tears roll down my face. "Oi. Leave her alone." I glance up to see an angry Todomatsu. "Here's your order. Take it and get out of here." He says in a low tone.

"Excuse you? Who do you think you are?" The lady asks and he glares hard at her "I'm the guy who is this close to kicking you out. I'm the guy who happens to be friends with that "spaz". So leave before I force you out." The woman went pale and slowly got up before leaving hastily. I look at him surprised and he hums "What?" I smile and wipe my tears

"you said I was your friend. You admitted it!" I say happily and he blushes "don't read to deep into it. I said you were my friend big deal." He says with crossed arms and I smile before hugging him tightly "whatever you say mister." I say and nuzzle his chest. He sighs and hugs me back.

"I'll let you hug me but only for a minute, okay?...okay?" He asks and I nod slowly as small tears leave my eyes."o-okay Todomatsu. That's okay but I'm going to make the best of it." I say and he hums before petting my head.

He probably thought I didn't see he had a smile on his face.

I'm happy Todomatsu is my friend and though he won't outright admit it I know he thinks of me as a friend too.