Courtside Love (Jyushimatsu x Basketball player! Male! reader)

For unholy_satan

I was in my position waiting for the ball to be passed to me. Once the ball was in my hands I rush down the court to shoot a basket. I was dodging the opposing team and threw the ball. I held my breath for a bit until I made the basket. I cheer for myself as I made the basket and I hear cheering from the stands. One person's cheers in the crowd stood out the most. Jyushimatsu Matsuno.

I smile to myself when I thought of my plan before getting ready for another pass. "Hey! Hey! I'm open!" I shout as I wave my arms. My teammate nods and through the ball. I catch it and made my way down the court. As I was running I tripped up and fell. Here's the problem. When I fell my weight shifted onto my ankle. I clench my teeth as I felt a slight snap and felt unbearable pain rush up my leg from my ankle.

I fell to my side and held my ankle. My breathing was strained and a few, loud, expletives. The ref blew his whistle and calls personal foul. So someone did trip me. I thought before I was helped up by my coach and, surprisingly, Jyushimatsu. "How did you-" "they tried to stop me from coming down but I ignored them!" He says making me laugh. That's Jyushimatsu for you. Able to make you laugh even if you are in physical pain.

I was sat down and was told by the medic to remove my shoe. I do so and you could tell that something went wrong. "Oh dear. You seem to have a sprained ankle." The medic says and I flinch as he fixes it, the best he could, and wraps it. "Can he keep playing?" My coach asks and the medic hums "I don't think so. Not with that, it would make it worse."

My heart sank because we are so close to winning. I glance at Jyushimatsu and he gave me a worried look. I smile softly and he sighs before smiling and nods. "Coach we are so close. Let me play." I say and both the medic and my coach look shocked. "L/n. You realize that you're risking the injury getting worse?" My coach asks and I nod "yes sir but I don't care. I mean you're always saying when the going gets tough, keep on going." I say and stand with the help of Jyushimatsu.

My coach smiles and pats my back "you better be careful son." I nod "yes sir. I will not let you down." I say and he nods before he places me in. Since there was a personal foul I had three free throws. The kicker is my team needs one more basket to win. The first shot didn't make it because my ankle. Same with the second. I curse myself as I was handed the ball again.

I hear a whistle and turn to see Jyushimatsu. He smiles wide and mouths "good luck. I know you can do this." I smile softly and took a deep breath. I clench my teeth as I set my injured foot down. I threw the ball and feel my heart clench as the ball spins around the rim. When it finally went in cheers filled the room as my team won. My teammates all hug and praise me for the win.

I walk up to Jyushimatsu and hug him. He hugs back with a laugh before I lift him up and spun us around. "I did it! I did it!" I shout happily and he laughs "yeah you did! You did it y/n!" He cheers before I set him back down. I held his head in my hands and pull him into a kiss.

My eyes were shut tight so I didn't see the reactions but I could hear Jyushimatsu give a noise of surprise before he kisses back. I could still hear cheering so it was evident that the majority of this crowd didn't care that I was kissing another man. My Jyushimatsu. At the moment he was my boyfriend.

I pull away and caress Jyushimatsu's cheek. "I love you so much Jyushimatsu. You have made my life a million times better each day that we are together. How long has it been now?" I ask and he smiles as he has me sit down "heh. Almost 3 years now. Why?" I smile and held his hands in mine. "You have managed to love me no matter what for that long and I consider that to be an achievement. Jyushimatsu I have loved you since day one and I will keep loving you till our final days but I have a question." I say and he hums "What?"

"I want to spend my life with. So Jyushimatsu Matsuno, Will you marry me?"

Jyushimatsu went wide eyed before smiling softly and nodding "Yes! Yes! Of course!" He says happily and kisses me softly. I smile and kiss back. I glance at my coach to see him with an approving smile as he gave me a thumbs up. I pull away and kiss Jyushimatsu's cheek. "Well I should get to the locker ro-oh dear!" I yell as Jyushimatsu picks me up to carry me.

"Heh Jyushimatsu! Put me down!" I shout as he walks with me in his arms "heh nope! Not with that sprained ankle!" He says before kissing his temple "I love you y/n." He says and I smile before kissing him softly.

"and I love you too Jyushimatsu. My special boy."