E i g h t

E i g h t 

styles94: You have a beautiful name, Daisy :) xx 

I stare at that message for I don't know how long, maybe around two minutes straight? My eyes are wide open, not blinking, and I am not even sure if I am breathing. When I snap out of whatever trance I was in, I notice my heart beating rapidly. 

This feeling is odd and strange for me. I have never had my heart beating this hard for someone ever since Nick. He was the last person that made me blush. But here I am with my cheeks and ears burning with a light pink tint on my face because of this Harry person. It scares me slightly to say the truth, and it reminds me that I have to keep these walls standing tall and strong. 

daisyyy_: Umm...thanks? 

styles94: It's a compliment, Daisy. Of course it's a good thing :) xx. 

daisyyy_: You're British aren't you?

styles94: How did you know?

daisyyy_: You put x's and you said the word 'fancy' in a precious message. 

styles94: You got me. Mission blown. 

A smile forms on my face and I bite my lip to try to refrain it. But it doesn't help and the smile breaks through. It feels like a little surge of happiness flows within me, all the way from my toes to my finger tips. My heart is still thumping against my chest and after a few moments I think the burning sensation on my face dies down. I take a deep breath to calm myself.

styles94: You haven't been reading any books lately. Why?

daisyyy_: And how would you know that?

styles94: I pay attention to things .xx

daisyyy_: And what gave it away again?

styles94: You haven't updated your reading list. 

daisyyy_: Oh.

styles94: Yeah. But why haven't you been reading lately?

daisyyy_: Lost interest in those kinds of books...

styles94: But... I don't understand.

daisyyy_: What don't you understand?

styles94: Don't you love romance books?

daisyyy_: People change...

styles94: Is it because of what I said?

daisyyy_: Yes. 

styles94: Daisy, I'm so sorry.

styles94: Please don't let my stupid words change your thoughts about anything.

styles94: I'm a douche bag with no filter in my brain. 

styles94: Please don't let my words stop you from what you believe in, Daisy.

daisyyy_: But you're right, Harry. It's stupid of me to think like that. It's stupid of me to keep my hopes up by reading fiction, Harry. You were right. I have to stop hiding behind the curtain and wake up with the truth about reality. What's the point in reading those kinds of books if they are fake? Nada. There's no point...

It amazes me how feelings could change with a blink of your eye. One second I was actually blushing because of the boy, and now I am upset again because of the same person. I am not mad at him though. I am upset because reality once again hit me like a ton of bricks, and it honestly hurts me deep inside my core to realize something like that. 

Nick is my love. Nick was my love. And now that Nick is gone, I can't find find another one.