F i f t y

i've been having writers block for this story—which is why it took me a long time to update recently, so sorry about that! but good news; i've figured out the plot for the rest of the story, which i am really excited about! chapter 55 will be the last chapter, but there will be an epilogue! so that means 6 more updates (not including this one) i'm feeling mixed emotions here because it's sad this story is ending soon, but i'm so excited to start writing a new book :)

and all these pictures of happy harry on the dunkirk set makes me so freaking happy :) i'm so excited for the trailer to come out sometime soon :)

==================

F i f t y

A lot can happen in five weeks. Someone could have gotten married or had their first child. Someone else could have graduated university or had to say goodbye to a loved one.

For me, during these five weeks, more than one thing has happened. Gemma moved to New York City. Harry and I bought a new apartment (but we didn't move in yet). Harry started uploading videos onto his new YouTube channel. And I got a job at a local vet clinic.

Also during this time, Harry has been really busy with projects, assignments, and tests from school. And if he's not studying or working on a project, he is with Gemma to try to build their brother-sister relationship and make her feel welcome in a new country. And if I am not spending 9 hours at the vet clinic, I am either going to stores to buy furniture for the apartment or sleeping because I am always so tired.

During the five weeks, Harry and I haven't been spending time with each other that much. I feel like we've slightly grown apart because we are both so busy with different things in our separate lives. I always leave the house early for work, and Harry always comes back home late because he's spending so much time studying and working on projects. Our schedules don't line up anymore and I don't see him as much.

It makes me feel sad.

But I'm hoping that would change today because it's Harry's birthday. And I'm so glad his birthday falls on a Sunday so we are both free from work and school.

I wake up early this morning to decorate my apartment. I take out the bag of decorations I store in my closet to hide from Harry and went into the little living room area beside the bed. I make sure to be as quiet as I can as I hang up the gold happy birthday sign on the wall with some tape. Then, I use a ladder to put up some streamers along the top of the wall and some bunting on the wall above my bed. Next, I head out the door into the hallway of the building with a bunch of balloons and a helium tank to fill up the balloons. I feel weird doing this in the hallway but it would have woken up Harry for sure if I did it inside my apartment. Once I got them done, I went back in and tied strings along to all of them. I set the two gold number balloons beside the happy birthday sign and attach a blue balloon weight on the bottom so it doesn't float all the way up to the ceiling. I let the ten other blue and silver balloons to float all the way up, half in the living room and the other in the dining room.

I went on to decorating the table, grabbing the box from the back of the fridge that had the words 'DO NOT TOUCH' in huge bold, capital letters. I take it out of the box and sigh with relief when I see that it didn't somehow get ruined. I carefully hold it in my hands and walk over to the round, glass table in the dining area and put it down in the centre.

 I carefully hold it in my hands and walk over to the round, glass table in the dining area and put it down in the centre