O n e

O n e

Tears leave my eyes as I finish the last line to this story. I am sobbing so hard, tears rolling down my face at an incredible rate. My breathing is rapid, making me emit chocking sounds from the tightness of my throat and the lack of oxygen my body is receiving. It's funny how someone can cry so much just to a simple story on the internet.

I put my laptop besides me on my bed as more tears flow out of my eyes. I could feel the redness and I bet that my eyes are so huge and swollen. But I continue crying. A twenty-three year old crying in her bed in a fetal position from a damn book. 

My shirt is soaking wet from tears from my previous position, and now my tears are staining my duvet also, the light purple dampening into a darker shade. The ugly sobs continue ringing out in my flat, echoing into the thin air.

I think back to the story and the incredibly sad ending. That was not how I wanted the ending to be. It wasn't supposed to end that way, it wasn't. The more I think about the tragic end of the flawlessly written book, the more I start to feel anger. My sadness washes away, as I sit up straight against the wall, my breathing turning heavy as rage starts to rise within me. It wasn't supposed to end this way. 

I grit my teeth, my swollen eyes furrowing and my head shaking with disapproval. This story would have been a thousand times better if it were to have a happier ending, unlike this sorrowful one. I curl my fist and pound it against my bed.

"Damn it!" I hiss, the anger still heavy inside my chest.

I hate the ending. I hate the ending. I hate the ending. And I hate this fucking book.

I continue muttering colourful words under my breath, needing to let out my frustration and anger. Why would the author do that? Why would they destroy a perfectly written book by writing that ending? I don't get it. 

When my temper finally dies down to a reasonable level, I grab my laptop and place it on my lap, clicking on the comment section. 

I look through it and scroll through the comments, seeing that all of them were crying and enjoyed the book so much. I see many that wrote how this was the best book they have ever read, and the ending was beautiful even though it was tragic. I shake my head, not agreeing with them. 

This book was amazing and I loved the story...up until the ending. I hate the ending. I think Jessy and Tom should have been together in the end, happily and alive. The whole book was about them fighting for their love, staying positive, staying strong during their battle and to never give up. But when they finally win, Tom dies...It is not fair! Love is supposed to conquer all and win in the end. Jessy and Tom were supposed to live happily ever after. They were supposed to get married and have children and live until they are old and die happily. But they didn't. And that upsets me a whole lot. 

I finish typing out my comment - or rant rather - and click enter with a loud tap. When it sends, I let out a long sigh, falling sideways on my bed, my laptop falling sideways off of my lap. Another sigh escapes my lips as I think about Tom and Jessy. They should have lived happily ever after. I shake my head. 

Yes, this is how a twenty-three year old young lady like me spends her afternoons. I graduated university but decided to take a little break before I start working in the real world, and this is how I spend it. Moping around in my empty apartment, reading sad books on Wattpad all day.

Another sigh emits from my lips. 

I hear a ding coming from my laptop. I pull the device closer to me, seeing I have gotten a new email. I click it with sightly furrowed eyebrows. 

styles94 replied to your comment.

I sit up, placing my laptop on my lap and clicking on the button that leads me to the reply this styles94 left for me. When the page loads, I read the words that appeared in front of me. 

I disagree with you, @daisyyy_. I feel like the ending was suiting and appropriate for this story since it shows the reality that is life. Even though the ending was tragic and sad, and we all wished that Jessy and Tom would end up living a happy life, reality is that they didn't because not everyone lives happily ever after. There are divorces, relationship abuse, mental illnesses, sickness and so many other factors that is so common in this world, which shows that not everyone lives happily ever after in their love life. This story may be fiction, and it may be a story, but it shows the reality in this world...Not all love is meant to be, Daisy.