F o r t y - o n e

to all marthas out there, i bet you are all lovely people (and are nothing like harry's mother in this story) <3

one thing on my bucket list is to get a harry hug like that one in the gif. i feel emotional just looking at it omg

i never said who would play daisy, and the reason for that was because i never found the right person, but i think i found someone who i think fits daisy in this book. and it's quite ironic because it's daisy ridley. but maybe, idk. tell me what you think.

==========================

F o r t y - o n e

~ Harry ~

When my alarm goes off at 5 in the morning, I immediately feel wide awake. To be completely honest, that was probably one of the best sleeps I've had here. All the other nights I was always filled with anxiety to the point where it felt like an elephant was sitting on my chest. But now, knowing that I am going to be back home later on today, it makes me feel so unbelievingly happy. It's a bitter sweet feeling really. I'm still really upset about my current conditions with my family, but I just can't wait to see Daisy. I honestly feel like my girlfriend is more of a family than my own family could ever be.

I sit up in my bed, a smile on my face as I stretch my arms in the air, arcing my back to relieve it from any tensions. I get out of bed and head to the washroom to quickly pee, wash my face and brush my teeth. After coming out, I quickly fix my bed before getting changed into my jeans and a grey sweatshirt on top. I fix my luggage and zip it up, a relieving sigh escaping from my lips.

Even though my flight isn't until 7:50, I want to make a quick stop by Julian's place to say bye. Besides Daisy, he is my other true friend and it's sad to leave him. But I know for sure in the future we will meet up to do some catching up and song writing.

I exit my room with my bags, and as I look at my old room for one last time, I can see a flash of images of all the memories I've had in there. Most of them weren't the best of memories, but the few good ones are the ones that stood out.

"Good bye." I whisper before letting out a huge exhaled breath while closing the door. I turn around and immediately jump in my spot when I see Gemma standing outside of her room.

"Jesus," I pant, my eyes closed as I clutch onto my chest, trying to get my startled heart to calm down.

But as my eyes are closed, I feel something touch me, instantly making me freeze up. I open my eyes, my eyebrows deeply furrowed in confusion when I realize what is happening. Gemma is hugging me? I stand still as her arms hug me tighter, her head resting on my shoulder. After a few seconds, a deep breath comes out of my mouth, my muscles relaxing as I eventually hug her back. My hand rubs her back, a frown on my face as I feel my heart hurting.

"I wish I was a better sister." She says softly before pulling away. I see her looking down, her hair covering her face as her hands raise up to her face. I hold onto her shoulders, getting her to look at me. "I'm sorry, Harry." She looks into my eyes at she apologizes, and my heart completely shatters when I see the amount of tears that are on her face.

In that moment, it instantly felt like all the barriers that were built up between us got broken down. And I can't help but cry also as we stand in the middle of the hallway at 5:20 in the morning.

"I was supposed to be there for you, to protect you, and stand up for you, but I haven't done any of those things. I have been doing the complete opposite actually, for all these years. I don't know why, but I have, and I regret it so much. I'm sorry, Harry. I'm sorry for everything. For how I treated you, for how our parents have treated you, for how upset you were yesterday, for how you have to move to a completely different country halfway around the world in order to feel happy— I'm so sorry." She sobs.