T h i r t y - n i n e

for those of you who probably forgot, alexa is harry's ex.

=========================

T h i r t y - n i n e

~ Harry ~

I smile as I look in my journal, singing the perfect lyrics in my head. I go through it one more time, the excitement building up inside of me since I'm just so excited to share it with Daisy. I quickly send Daisy a text, asking her what time she is going to be finished work so I can sing her the song I wrote for her. Of course I didn't say the last bit since I want it to be s surprise.

I close my journal when I hear the door bell echo inside this huge house. I think of who it could be since my mum and Gemma are out with friends, I think, and my dad is at his office. With furrowed eyebrows, I go down the stairs to the door and slowly open it. And as soon as I do, I instantly regret it.

"Oh hi, Harry!" Alexa says innocently, though the smirk on her face says something otherwise. I have the urge to just close the door in her face, but I am sort of curious as to what she wants.

"Yes?" I ask, raising my eyebrows up at her, waiting for her to continue.

"What are you doing here?" She continues her act making me roll my eyes.

"I think I should be saying that to you."

"I thought you were you in New York." She ignores my comment and steps inside the house even though I never gave her permission to. I squint my eyes at her, trying to figure out what she is trying to do. I find myself clenching my jaws as she just looks at me with pure amusement.

"What are you doing here?" I say through gritted teeth.

"Just wanted to see my ex boyfriend. Is there something wrong with that?" She looks at me innocently while bashing her eyelashes.

"Yes there is something wrong, in fact." My fist clenches tightly as I realize something just now. "You were the one weren't you?" I ask her.

"What are you talking about?" She mockingly asks me.

"You told my dad I was at New York didn't you. I bet it was you who gave him my address." The smile that forms on her face makes me so angry.

"Wow, I thought it would take you less time to figure that out, Harry."

"Why are you here?"

"Like I said, just wanted to say hi."

"This is not just saying hi, Alexa. What happened to you?" I ask in disgust. Why is she all of a sudden so rude to me? It's not even like I was the one who broke up with her— she broke up with me!

"You, Harry, is what happened to me."

"Why?"

"Because."

"That's not a very good explanation." I mockingly laugh. She gives me a hostile glare and steps closer to me. In response, I broaden my shoulders to look taller and more threatening. We glare at each other while I wait for a reply.

"How's your whore of a girlfriend?"

"Oh, is this why you're angry? Because I got a girlfriend after you broke up with me? And just saying, she isn't the whore." I am surprised with myself from saying that, but no one says anything rude about Daisy. Alexa gasps in shock and slaps my face. I take a step back from shock, holding onto my cheek for a few seconds to help with the burning feeling.

"You are a fucking prick, Harry."

"And you are jealous." She doesn't say anything. "And remind me again who was the one that tried to hook up with my friend after breaking up with me?" I ask, putting my hand on my chin mockingly.

"Fuck you!" She says before storming out of my house.

"Bye!" I give a fake exaggerated smile while waving to her. Though, as soon as I close the door shut, my smile immediately turns into a frown.

Even though I clearly won that battle, it still hurts in the inside to see my ex treat me like that. I think in the end of the day, she was just jealous because I got to run away from this snobby place while she is still trapped here with her stuck up family.

I go back up to my room, and find myself changing into some track pants and a thermal workout shirt. I think going for a run will make me feel better. Once I put on my running shoes, I slip on a beanie to keep my ears warm.

Once outside, I turn left and run down the road since I remember there's a forest a few blocks down. It's a bit cold and damp outside since it rained a bit earlier, but it's not that muddy, which is a relief. After about thirty minutes, my heart is thumping from the rush of adrenaline, my breathing fast as I walk down the road back to my house. I feel so much better than before my run, for sure.

"Harry?" I hear someone shout my name.

"Fuck." I curse to myself. I continue looking down at the pavement, my speed increasing in hopes for the person to leave me alone. But he doesn't...

"Harry, is that you?" He asks again. He jogs towards me and that's when I am full on cussing inside of my head. I finally look up and see Joe, my old friend. "Oh, it is you!" He says, giving me a hug. "I heard that you came back but I didn't want to believe it until I actually saw you with my own eyes. Why didn't you respond to me? I was shouting your name." He asks me.

"Oh, sorry, I didn't hear you, I had earphones in." I say, taking out the ear buds from my ears and stuffing them in my pocket.

"When did you get back? We need to have a get together of just the crew sometime."

"Yeah, we definitely should." I lie.

I just want to get away. As much as these people were some of my best mates, I am just so scared of being judged because I'm not like them anymore. I don't care about being the most popular people in school and I don't care about showing off my money like I used to. These guys are assholes, and I'm not an asshole anymore— at least I don't think.

"Okay, I got to go, but I'll text you." He says. I changed my phone number when I moved, so I don't know how he will text me, but I'm fine with that.

"Sure." I give him a fake smile. He gives me another hug before walking away.

"It's good to have you back, Styles." I give a wave before walking in the opposite direction of where he is going.

Am I mean for thinking this way? I can't help but ask myself. They were good friends— ish. I mean they were by my side all the time, but mainly because we acted the same and we had the same personality. We were just plain rude. I was rude back then. I was, I know it and that's why I am trying to fix my mistakes with my family. But I remember when I once tried to stand up for someone they were bullying and they were ready to attack me, thinking I was going "soft" and I was "acting weird".

Either way, as I walk back home I'm in a horrible mood. It feels like everything is hitting me all at once from all the stress from my ex-girlfriend, my ex-mates, and my family— it's just too much for me to handle and I don't know what to do.

=======================

i feel like it's going to be more harry's pov while he is back in england

thank you for everything, I love you <3

Stay lovely xx.

~ May <3