F i f t y - t h r e e

just as promised, here's another update :) enjoy :))

but again, the gif has nothing to do with the story, but HE'S JUST SO FUCKING CUTE I JUST HAD TO PUT THAT GIF UP THERE ASLKFJALKSJF

===================

F i f t y - t h r e e

"Where's Harry again?" Amelia asks from beside me. I look down at her as my heart gets crushed since she is still upset Harry isn't here.

"He's back home. He's busy working on an important project." I felt bad for lying to my whole —not until I know for certain where Harry and I stand in our relationship.

I look at Gemma and see her looking at me with sympathy. During my drive here, I passed by Gemma's place and suddenly remembered to pick her up. She already knew about Amelia's birthday since it came up in conversation before. And while we were in the car, I filled her in about me and Harry.

"Aww," Amelia pouts.

"He's sorry he couldn't be here, but he brought you a present." That's another lie, but I wanted to say anything that will make her feel better. And it seemed to do the job since a smile forms on her face.

I grab my phone from beside me to check if I got any texts or calls from Harry. But I see nothing. I look at the lock screen, sadness building up inside of me when I notice how happy we were in the picture. It's from our vacation in Maui. A smile was plastered on our faces as sat on the sand, watching the sunset from the beach. We were happy in that picture but look at us now.

"I'm just going to go to the washroom," I inform my family as I stand up from the table in the restaurant. When I enter the washroom, I lean against the sink as look at myself in the mirror. I have the sudden urge to cry again, but I force it all down. I hear the door open. I expected it to be Gemma but instead it's Sophie. She's immediately by my side and rubs my back comfortingly.

"Are you okay?" She asks, knowing something is wrong. That's what I love most about her, she can feel it when someone isn't okay. She's a great listener and she gives advice about anything.

"It's Harry," I say. I tell her about the problem that started a month ago. I tell her about the argument and how Harry is still upset at me. She gives me a tight hug when I finish, tears threatening to come out. But I manage to hold it back. I am not going to cry.

"I'm sorry, Daisy. I know how you feel. Believe it or not, before Derek and I got married, we had a really big argument and we actually thought we weren't going to go through with the marriage."

"What?" I ask in complete shock. Sophie nods her head. "I never knew that."

"We didn't tell anyone. I stayed with my sister—I told her I wanted to spend a few days with her for some sister time—while Derek stayed at our apartment. And when I came back we talked it out. Probably Harry just needs some time alone to calm down and think things through. I'm sure he will come around."

"I hope so," I said. "Thanks, Soph. But please don't tell Derek. I don't want him making a big deal out of hopefully nothing."

"Of course, anything for you, sis."

We exit the washroom and make our way back to the table. As I sit down in my chair, our starters arrive. I take a slice of pita bread and use it to scoop some cheese spinach dip from a bowl beside the bread.

"When are we going to visit your new apartment," my dad asks as I take a bite.

"Yeah, Dais," my brother adds.

"Once it's all finished. We still have to buy some decoration."

"So when will that be?" Sophie slaps Derek on his arm, making Derek look at her with confusion. "What?" He asks her.