T w e n t y - e i g h t

"Dais," Harry says through the phone. I let out a hum as I lie down on my bed, a light smile on my lips. "I'm coming to pick you up, we are going to go out and do something fun."

"And what would that fun thing be, Harry?" I ask, my lips curving up even more.

"That, my friend, is a surprise."

"You just love giving me surprises, huh?" I tease.

"I just love giving you surprises, Dais." Harry says, making me blush. There's just something about that whole sentence that makes me feel so special. "I'm going to come now, so get ready." I can just imagine him smiling while saying those words.

"Okay, but what should I wear?"

"Oh, wear something warm. Really warm. And casual."

"So we are going outside!" I confirm, a satisfactory smile on my lips.

"Shh." Harry says, amusement laced into his voice. "Get ready, you." He jokes.

"Okay," I laugh. "I'll see you in a bit, Harry."

"Bye, Dais."

As soon as Harry hangs up, I dart out of bed and head to the bathroom to freshen up and put on some makeup: foundation, mascara, eyeliner and red lip stick. Already thinking of what to wear as I do my makeup, I quickly take off my pajamas and pull on thick, black leggings and a white oversized knit sweater. I step in front of my full length mirror, braiding my hair into a french braid then putting on a white knit headband to cover my ears. As I put on dark blue knit socks, I hear a familiar knock on my front door.

I suddenly have déjà vu as I walk to the door, thinking of when Harry picked me up to go see The Hobbit.

The moment I open the door, I see Harry rushing over to me, embracing me in a tight hug. I laugh as I hug him back, really liking this comforting feeling whenever I am in his arms.

"What was that for?" I ask, pulling away to look at his face. But Harry's is tucked in my neck, making me only able to see his ear.

"I just wanted to hug you." He says, his voice mumbled since his lips are against my skin. I feel my insides weaken from his gesture.

"Are you sure about that?" I tease, not really knowing the meaning behind my words.

"Yesss." He says, hugging me tighter and spinning me around, making me giggle.

He then places me down, presses a kiss onto my cheek and takes a step back to scan me over. A light smile rests on his lips when he looks into my eyes, making me blush lightly.

"You're gorgeous. Simply beautiful."

"Well I will look beautiful-er if you give me a bit more time to get ready, mister. Ten minutes is not enough, you are lucky that I can actually get ready in that time." I joke, a bright smile on my face. One side of Harry's mouth curves upwards in a small smirk, his eyes glowing under the light, amused with what I had just said.

"You don't need more time to get ready. I bet if I give you one minute to get ready, you will still look stunning to me. Even in your pajamas after you wake up, you still look beautiful." My heart leaps from his words. I slowly breathe out, looking at this boy with awe.

"You- you're- I don't know what to say, honestly." I blush.

"Maybe a thank you?" Harry jokes, giving me a smirk. I lightly slap his arm, my mouth opening in a booming laugh. "Ready to go?" He asks me.