T h i r t y - e i g h t

I love that bun so much omglasjdflk

==========================

T h i r t y - e i g h t

~ Harry ~

Going up the stairs to Julian's studio brings back memories of the times when I would always come here to write and record songs with him. When I enter his studio in instantly scan the room, smiling when I see it is almost exactly the same.

"Welcome back. I know the studio missed you, Harry."

"I missed this place. This was more of a home than my own house was. It's really good to be back here— just the studio though."

"Why are you back, though?"

I take off my coat, hanging it on the same spot I would always hang my coat. And I do the same with my bag, putting it on the same chair I would always put it on. Then Julian and I sit on the sofa, me on my end and him on his.

"I came back to my apartment one day in New York and saw my dad there. He wanted me to move back. But of course I wasn't going to do that. So I just agreed to come back for a couple months. Hopefully I'll be back in New York by next month."

"But you are twenty, he can't do that."

"I know, but I mainly came back because of the regret and guilt I have in the inside. I want to make things right with my family. Being with Daisy and living in New York really changed me. I honestly feel like I'm a better person now."

"I'm really proud of you. That takes a lot of courage to do." He says, looking at me and giving me an approving smile.

Julian knew a different side to me before I left. It was like I was a completely different person whenever I step into his studio because this place felt like home— where I can just be my true, uncovered, vulnerable self that no one else saw. Julian is a good friend, always understanding and never judges.

"Now tell me about your girlfriend." A smile forms on my lips at the pure thought of Daisy.

"Well her name is Daisy. She's twenty-three. We started talking on social media— so we never met before— but we didn't get on well at all at first." I chuckle thinking back to those days.

I continue telling Julian about how we eventually got really close on social media and it so happened by chance that she lived in New York. I continue telling him about when we met, how Daisy is like and how she helped me change.

"She sounds really lovely."

"She is." Julian gives me this look and I give him a weird look back. "What?"

"Nothing." He says, flicking his wrist at me and looking away.

"No really, tell me."

"It's really nothing."

"Fuck you." I joke, earning a laugh from him.

"It just sounds like a really cute love story." The word 'love' replays in my head, making weird emotions rise up inside of me. I ignore it by going into my bag and taking out my journal.

"Let's write a song? Like old times?" I smile at him.

"Fuck yes!"

~

"Hey, babe." I smile into my laptop, looking at Daisy's face. "You look really good." I say, really meaning my words. Her smile seems natural and effortless and her face is just glowing. Going to the gym always makes you feel better.