F i f t y - o n e

[gif] harry is too adorable i cry.

*warning: smut!*

==================

F i f t y - o n e

"Thank you so much," the little girl smiles at me as she pets her puppy.

"No problem," I reply, looking at her with a smile as she interacts with him.

"Thank you, Dr. Thompson," the girl's mother says to me. 

"It's not problem," I give her a smile.

"Come on Rosie," she calls her daughter as she starts walking to the door.

"Okay, mommy." Rosie starts to walk away with the leash in her hands, but Oliver, her golden retriever, runs towards me. He jumps up and places his front paws on my legs. I let out a light chuckle and kneel down to pet him.

"Bye, Oliver. See you again in a few months." I stand up as Rosie picks her puppy up. I wave at the sweet little girl as she follows her mom out the door. I still find myself smiling, even a few seconds after they left.

"Daisy, why are you still here?" Christy, my co-worker asks me. She's a young doctor as well, probably only five years older. She has bright blue eyes and dirty blonde hair. "You were supposed to leave fifteen minutes ago!"

"I know— the mother was asking so many questions since that's their first puppy. They adopted him a few days ago," I say as I walk behind the counter to wash my hands at a nearby sink.

"That's sweet," she says making me nod with agreement. "What are you going to do later tonight?"

"I've got to paint the new apartment. I really need to get it done since move in day is soon and there's still lots of work." I look at her as I use the paper towel to dry my hands.

"Why don't you just hire someone to do that for you?" She looks at me like I'm crazy.

"It can't be that hard." She shakes her head. "What about you?"

"It's date night with Andy," she winks at me. I laugh, knowing what she is suggesting.

"Have fun with that."

"Oh, I will!" She beams. I continue chuckling and shaking my head as I enter the staff lounge. I grab my things and slip on my jacket before saying bye to everyone as I exit the clinic.

A gust of wind immediately hits my body as I step out into the cold air. I shiver and grip onto my jacket tighter against my body as I walk back to my car. Snow is falling down from the sky, a thin layer resting on the ground. I love it when it snows because it reminds me of Christmas. It makes me happy. 

I walk to my car and climb in the driver's seat. After turning the engine on and putting up the heat, I turn on the radio and drive to a nearby paint store to buy the color that Harry and I agreed on for our room. We decided to go for a dark charcoal, black color since we think it will make the room really cozy. Plus, we have huge windows that will brighten the room up. 

Once I buy the paint, I place it in the trunk of my car before driving to our new apartment. When I reach the building, I use my parking pass to enter through the boom gate before going down into the underground parking. I park in my parking spot and lug up the two paint cans up to the lobby to catch the elevator to the seventh floor. Once inside, I take off my jacket and shoes before going to the washroom. I empty my bladder and wash my hands. I then change out of my scrubs and into a change of clothes from inside my purse.