41.

Harry

Tuesday

It's been a couple days of me trying to really process all of which Alexa had told me on Saturday when I'd met up with her. She'd actually spilled more than I ever thought she might. Which also leaves me on high alert as to what she wants to get into next. There's no way in hell that I'm doing anything willingly to jeopardize things with Nevaeh and myself, not for her or anyone or anything else. She's all I've never known I wanted, yes that may seem strange to some, but to me I could never ask for anyone better in my life. Not that I'd even want to. I'm not sure she fully believed me when I told her that she is it for me, and that I'm going to marry her one day. The only thing that will stop me is if I die or she won't have me, which would make me wish I'd be dead.

"Liam, are you with me today?" I asked

Silence

I asked again

Still silence. I was getting nervous.

I tried once more.

There was a giggle then "I'm here"

"Liam, you're making me nervous here, should I not go? Is something more important to deal with today?"

"No, no all is good. A client just telling a joke"

"Oh, well I hope not one that's going to cost me everything in the end. You know she's crazy right and said a lot on Saturday right. I'm really nervous to go today, I could really use some positive support"

"Oh and Liam, can you in any way find out if Vaehs dad is truly in London? If he can be tracked down?"

"I'm working on a few things already Harry, you're a good man, thank you for all you do and loving Nevaeh, she's so amazing and worth it"

"Trust me Liam, I can tell, I'm working on getting her to see it as well. I guess here's to the day, hope it goes well"

I reach the place Alexa is staying. She let's me in like last time. We sit on the couch. Alexa smiles softly and says "Harry, did you get a bit of rest the last couple days? You look a bit better"

"A little, yes"

"That's great, Harry. So anything you'd like to do today or anymore questions you might have?"

I just look at her wondering why she's offering up so much, when before she deliberately tried to hurt Nevaeh when she knew we were together.

"So, I'm kinda wondering, you came from out of town right?"

"Yes, I did, but grew up here"

"So if you've not lived here for five years, and before that the group of you lived together, whose place is this?"

All of a sudden she looked down, cleared her throat then spoke in almost a whisper "my cousin, Kayla"

"Excuse me, who did you just say? Where is this cousin all of the time?"

"Harry, her name is Kayla, and she will be getting home soon. I must warn you, she's a bit high strung. She had a boyfriend once that left her, she said he called her crazy. She said if he ever came back or had a girlfriend he'd wish he didn't"

I thought to myself, this cannot be happening. What are the chances that this weird woman that likes me is my best friend and now girlfriends half sister and her fucking psycho cousin is my only ex which is worse than than my girlfriends half sister is the crazy department. God help us.

"So anyway on the dad front, does he still go by Dan?"

"Uh, no, actually he goes by Matt Adams, kinda simple. Not sure not why he's not kept his real name and I didn't ask."