14.

Within group chat

To Nevaeh Timms, Alexa Matthews, Melissa Cabot, Josie Perez

Please respond if/when arriving for reunion and if will be having anyone with you in travels.

Brenda: I'm here with one

Alexa: I've arrived and yes I have one.

Melissa: hey girls I'll be coming in Wednesday staying at hotel and yes with one. Glad to hear from you.

Josie: cool I'll make my arrival for Wednesday as well then. Maybe we can get together before weekend. I'll be alone though.

Brenda:  hey Jo do you need a lift? Where ya staying?

Josie : a lift sounds nice, but I guess staying at local motel, although may be looking to stay long term 😉

Josie: I don't see any confirm nor deny from Vaeh here, I hope she's coming. I do hope she's good, I thought I'd heard she had news for all of us??

Alexa: I'd heard the same

Melissa: same here

Brenda: me too girls, me too, I guess we'll find out together.

Sunday morning

Nevaeh

I looked at the group chat and just chuckle to myself, yeah right, you bitches care, like I believe that. I'm still going to wait to reply.

I've got tons of text and calls from Harry. I only simply send him a single text not even bothering to read any of his and simply deleating them all.

To H: hey, I can't do this right now, don't try to find me, I'm fine. If my things are in the way just toss them. Once things are cleared up, I hope you'll understand, if not...

I hit send
A few seconds later I get one back

From H: please V, I'd never toss your things, can you just talk to me, I miss you and I'm so worried 😥😥  always yours H

To H: sorry, I can't right now, just give me this space and trust me

Brenda

"I cant believe it Alex, it's been  nearly three full days since Vaeh stormed out of here. I still don't really know what   that was all about, I think she's having some sort of breakdown. Who the hell is Lee, is that who she said? Now to top everything else she shouted something about for everyone to stay away from the house, what house? And do you know, she is the only one that hasn't responded to the group message, that was her damn idea. Yet she told you to respond with that you were bringing someone, which you did. Who is this someone, now, jesus"

"I don't know these answers either Bren, the only house, I know about that we all know of, is the one all of us girls lived in five years ago, but is that even possible?"

"Jesus Alex, where would she even get money like that to keep that place all this time, besides the place we dropped her to after we got you at the airport? You don't think she's into some shady stuff do you?"

"Oh God no, well uh, I don't know the way she's been acting and like, never around, I guess we really can't say anything for sure."

"Louis"

"Yeah"

"Have you heard from Harry since you took him home Friday afternoon?

"No, not really, why?"

"Can you try to call him on speaker, see if he's heard from Nevaeh, please?"

He just looks at me

"C'mon Lou, they did come here together, I mean and she did say something bout getting her shit before storming out, he may know something, we haven't heard anything and she hasn't even responded to the group message that was her idea. Something is going on with her, Alex and I are worried"

"Okay, okay" he lifts his hands in surrender "I'll do it"

Dialing
"Hello"

"Hey Lou"

"How are ya Harry?"

"I've been better, what's up?"

"Oh, uh just wondering ya know how things were after all the shouting, and when Nevaeh stormed out, has she been back at all, or have you talked to her?"

"No, not really man"

"That sucks, I mean I know you really like her"

"Yeah, I do, I thought we were starting to get somewhere, we were talking and all, then it's like we got to yours, and a switch suddenly flipped or something"

"Have you called, or texted her Harry?"

He laughs in a non funny way "only like a thousand  times man, oh, she finally did send me a single text back yeah"

"And"

"She said she can't do this right now, don't try to find her and that she's fine, I don't even get any of that"

"Harry, is this the first time she has acted this way?"

"Yeah, but Wednesday she stayed here and she had some sort of nightmare, but when I asked if she was ok or if she would talk about it she simply said yeah, I'll be good yeah, almost like she was trying to convince herself of it. I didn't want to push though, I want her to be comfortable with me, she has also said something that really hit hard, she said that when she'd want to be with me it'd be because she chose, not because someone took it and that's the only time it's ever happened before. Lou, I think somebody has really fucked her up in so many ways" he sniffled then got quiet for a moment.

"Lou" he then said

"Yeah"

"Please don't ever tell anyone what I just told you, she shared with me in confidence, if she were to find out I said anything, I will completely lose all chance I ever had. She takes trust very seriously, once broken, you don't get another chance, she made sure to stress  this in no uncertain terms"

"Ok, I won't, I'm gonna let ya go now, but if you need anything, just let me know"

We said out goodbyes and hung up.

Lou turned to Alex and Bren glaring  and said DO NOT repeat a single word of that to anyone ever, do you hear me??

If you do, so help me God Bren I love you, but we will be done on the spot, and you, he points to Alex, you are nothing to me really, so I don't even know, but if you hurt my friend you will deal with me. Got it both of you?? I sure hope so.

***************************(

Lou means business

Like

Comment