Chapter 36

GUYS OMG NEW CHAPTER! This is about 200-300 words longer than what I usually post. And you wanna kno why?

I REACHED 1,000,000 READS! YES THAT IS A MILLION AS IN A 1 FOLLOWED BY 6 ZEROS LIKE AHHH! ALSO I REACHED 5,000 VOTES SO OMG OMG YAYAYAY I LOVE YOU ALL SO SO MUCH THANK YOU!!! 

Dedicated to onedirection3172001 who has apparently read this book over 10 times! WOW - thank you so much love!

And here is some drama.. I was going to hold it off for another chapter but you deserve it so have fun ;)

~~

Hailey’s POV

I sat on a stool in front of the piano in Connor and I’s shared apartment, writing the final notes to a song while listening to the pouring rain outisde. It had been a long day, I had been asked to right a song for the Stand Up To Cancer foundation and had talked to a family with a little boy who died because of cancer. It was late, maybe 1 AM, and I was just now finishing.

I was an emotional mess from the song, the poor boys story had torn me up. The face that he had only lived four years and to go heaven just seemed so un fair. But I guess it wasn’t only that it was his parents too. His parents seemed so loving and caring, not having their little boy anymore was killing them. I sounded so selfish – but why hadn’t my parents had the little boy with cancer so they didn’t have to deal with him and why hadn’t I got the caring parents? It was all seeming so upset.

The song was one of my best in my opinion, the raw emotion made me smile at my work but cry at the same time. Cancer was evil – I knew that more than ever.

I love you to the moon and back.

I finished singing through the final draft of the song, finally feeling the stress and tiredness of the day and walking over to slump down on the couch. I looked at the clock, 1:05 AM. Where was Connor?

As if God was reading my thoughts, I heard the door open and close, hearing strangely heavy footsteps walk in. I grinned, Connor was exactly what I needed right now. I loved Connor with almost everything in me. Of course there’s still a part of me that wants to go jump into Harry’s arms and kiss him, but Connor was my rock now – my boyfriend, supporter, and best friend. And I wouldn’t have it any other way.

I pulled my self to a sitting position on the couch as Connor appeared in the doorway – hair wet from the downpour. However he ignored me, walking straight into the kitchen. I frowned slightly, that was kind of odd he always came and kissed me first. But I was patient with him, siting back until I heard a groan and footsteps back to where I was.

“Hailey, where’s dinner?” He said, anger clear in his voice as he looked at me leaning on the door way. I hadn’t eaten anything much less cooked like he assumed.

“Sorry babe, I didn’t have time to cook anything. I’ve been busy with the Stand Up To Cancer stuff. Speaking if that I really need to talk to you –.” He cut me off.

“I told you I wanted food when I got home.” He snapped. That’s what threw me off and I stood.

“I think we’ve both had really long days Connor, let’s just order take out and get in bed.” I sighed knowing I would have to keep this raw sadness inside until Connor was in a better mood.