Chapter 5

Zayn shot up and ran to get the guys but I quickly tugged him back and closed the door.

“ARE YOU CRAZY!” I whisper yelled at him. He looked so confused.

“Okay, maybe you think I am ok at singing but THEM! They would probably find me laughable! I can’t sing in front of them, not yet. Please, please don’t tell them! Not yet!”

“You can’t keep something this amazing from our best friends Hailey! They would want to know, just like I did.”

I thought it over instantly feeling bad, but when I thought about performing to them made me want to pass out. I could see Zayn’s expression change when I felt my face pale and I stumbled back to sit down on my bed, feeling light headed.

He would probably ask me to sing Hey Stephan and Love Story, like I had just done. That’s what made it so bad. I wrote Hey Stephan for Harry and Love Story I thought of when I thought of Liam calling me a princess, and thought of Harry coming to take me home. If fact ALL of my love songs were based on Harry. The thought of him finding out alone made my head spin even more.

“Are you ok? You look terrible.”

“Nervous. Scared.” I managed out and he sighed and nodded, saying that I didn’t have to sing for the rest of the guys yet. I felt my body relax slightly and smiled up at him in thanks.

We begin to walk down stairs hand in hand. I feel completely happy for the first time in months, and I can’t stop smiling. Zayn and I both start cracking up when we see the sight down stairs.

Seems the boys didn’t want to actually buy eggs. So they went to McDonalds to get food. Niall himself had three bags in front of him and all the other boys had one. There were two bags to the side that I was pretty sure were Zayn’s and mine.

“You guys are such lazy asses!” I laughed as I went to grab my bag of fattening food. I sat down at the table and began to eat, knowing I needed to go on a run with all the junk I was eating while being with these boys.

Then I felt a French fry (yes for breakfast, don’t judge) hit my face. I slowly turned to see an innocent looking Louis smiling back at me. With a smirk I picked up my sweet tea and politely dumped it all over his head.

“FOOD FIGHT!” I heard Harry scream and suddenly our small kitchen turned into a war zone. I was trying to doge pancakes while throwing ice at anything I could seem to hit, which wasn’t much.

I dived under the table and reached up to grab one of Niall’s bags of food. I quickly looked inside and saw a ketchup packet, which I quickly opened and sprang up from under to the table just in time to spread it all over Zayn’s hair. He spun around and lunged at me but I was quick enough to stumble back into Liam who smacked a pancake in my face.

I looked over to see Louis and Harry on the floor trying to force hash browns into each other’s mouths. Which caused me to loose focus as I was attacked by ice from none other than Naill Horan.

I felt something go down my shirt and started cracking up. I ended up falling down. I shrieked expecting to hit tile floor but in stead I felt a warm, hard chest.

“Umph!” I heard the air whoosh out of Harry. I opened my eyes that I had closed in order to brace for my fall and found myself staring into those beautiful green ones. I was so close I could smell him, and he smelt amazing. A smell I couldn’t explain but made my heart beat faster nonetheless. My breath caught in my throat and a blush involuntarily rushed to my face, the position causing me to completely forget about the raging McDonald’s war going on around me. My breath became shallower as I saw him leaning up, his eyes fluttering closed.  Mine did the same as a prepared for the moment I had been waiting for, for years.

I thought back to the times I had thought about this moment, thinking it would never ever never EVER happen. Is the fact that he is leaning up to kiss me mean he feels the same way? That thought alone made my heart seem to start beating faster.

Our lips were about a centimeter away, close enough for me to feel his breath, when suddenly I was drenched by lemonade. It was all over my hair and dripping down onto Harry’s face. We snapped apart and I quickly rolled off of him. We looked up at Niall, who didn’t seem to realize the previous situation because of his laugh attack and everyone else was so busy attacking each other that no one noticed. I glared up at the blonde above me until I felt an arm go around my shoulders. I looked up to see Harry looking down at me with his signature smirk.

All I could do was blush.