Chapter 8

Deep breaths. Deep breaths. I walked downstairs and saw all the boys looking at Zayn like he was crazy. 

“Hey boys…” I said nervously. Whatever I was just going to get this over with. “Come on, follow.” I turned around before I could see their reactions. I started to walk up the steps and into Zayn’s room. I gestured for them all to sit down on Zayn’s bed and couch and anything really. 

“So… happy anniversary!” They all looked at me weirdly.

“What’s going on… ?” Liam asked. I sighed.

“I’m going to get straight to the point ok. What would you do if I said I was a performer?”

They all just stared at me like it was the weirdest idea ever. No one said a word. 

AWKWARD! 

I walked over to Zayn and whispered. “I can play the guitar solo in I Want, you sing the bridge then I can play from there. Where’s your electric?” I saw him grin and go into the corner. I had newfound confidence in the fact the boys obviously didn’t believe me. One thing I know is that I can play guitar. 

I sat down and got ready for the first chord. I nodded at Zayn and he fought a grin and sang (gorgeously I might add).  

Be loved by you

I wanna, I’ll stay true

I wanna, If you knew

What you put me through 

You want, you want, you want me to

Love you too

BA DA DA DA DA! 

Heehee that’s always what I think at the beginning of this. 

Man I loved this guitar solo, I thought as I effortlessly played some very difficult chords. It SO FUN! I always get reminded of why Connor loves to play whenever I get the chance to. 

But obviously, he is way better than me. He devotes his life to it. He sings 40% of the time, guitar 50% and everything else 10. So he’s amazing at it. He taught me how so I’m actually pretty good.  

By the time I had thought of it the solo had ended. I looked up to see all the boys staring at me with their jaws dropped. I just smirked. I put down the guitar and looked at them. Even Zayn was impressed, and he knew what I could do. 

“So… what would you do if I told you I was a performer?” But I really wanted to say “HAHA I PROVED YOU WRONG…” I would probably put a cuss word in there if I wasn’t with the boys they hate, and I mean HATE, it when I cuss. Like I will get a lecture from Liam. 

“Well I don’t now about performer, but you can definitely play the guitar.” Liam spoke up after a while. This seemed to make it snap in Niall’s head that someone else can play the guitar.

“OH MY GOD! YOU CAN PLAY GUITAR! Where did you learn? Aw, man this is so cool! When did you learn, I could’ve helped you!”

“Hey guys…there is more.” Zayn grin was so huge, so proud. I knew he automatically wanted me to sing. My nervousness came back full force and I started to get the god…danged headache again. I looked at Zayn and started shaking my head. I can’t do this; I just cannot do this. What was I even thinking, singing in front of pros. Those pros being my best friends, one of which is my inspiration for all my love songs. AM I CRAZY! Why did Zayn find out why?! I was now basically having a mini panic attack inwardly while shaking my head (still) at Zayn.  

He obviously noticed my nerves because he walked up to my and gave me the biggest hug ever. I buried my head in his chest. 

“You can do this. You’re amazing, please. For me? For them? Heck, even for Connor and all those people from college. It just like your performing for them. You know we love you more than them anyway.” He whispered into my ear and I just kind of figured he was right. 

I nodded into his chest. “Explain to them while I get my stuff.” I walked over to my stuff and distantly heard Zayn explain the whole singing situation. I flipped through my book and found Untouchable. Deep breaths. I felt Zayn turn me around to face the boys and hand me a guitar. I did exactly what I had done with Zayn. I sat down, didn’t look at anyone, and made sure it was tuned. Then I started to play.

Untouchable like a distant diamond sky.

I’m reaching out and I just can’t tell you why…

I didn’t look up. Not once. I let the boys fade out as I focused on the song I was singing. Just like with Zayn. Connor would be so proud of me right now, being able to perform like this. I had never performed without him in the room before. 

Like a million little stars

Spelling out your name.

They’re spelling out your name.

Oh. 

The song ended and everything came back to me. I was in front of the boys. I quickly pushed hair behind me ear out of habit. Then I forced myself to look up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So HEY! First long authors note! 

So thanks for all the awesome comments I've been getting , hope you like the chapter!!!!! <3 

If you really love this story: Please Vote, Comment, and PLEASE SHARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS. I really just want people to read and enjoy my story. 

THANKS 

LOVES

<# acrum12 <#