Chapter 7

Zayn’s POV

“Well…ummm…you see… Hailey will you…?” I could not say it. I had woken up SUPER early to say it and I couldn’t!

“Zayn, just say it I won’t kill you.” She said with a little smile. 

“So you know today is One Direction’s anniversary. July 23rd?” I asked, not wanting to come right out with it. 

She looked down at her songbook and wrote a word or two then looked up. “Of coarse, what about it?”

“Well since it’s a really big day for us you know and you missed it last year and all of us missed you and you are just-”

“Spit it out Zayn!” She said with a skeptical look. 

I took a deep breath. “Will you preform for us? Me and the boys? Please you know how much it would mean to them?”

“What? I can’t, please you know how they will react!”

“They will love you! Please?” 

I had been itching to tell the guys since I found out, and I almost did once. But I covered up and knew I couldn’t go without telling them much longer. They were my best friends, I just couldn’t. We were too close. 

“Come on sisi, please? For me? This is a big day for me and this is all I ask.” I watched her eyes soften and she bit her lip in concentration. She wanted too.

“I start with guitar…” She stated in a whisper and I jumped up and let out a loud cheer. I couldn’t help it. 

“SHHH!! I have to make breakfast!” She looked longingly at her songbook one more time then rushed to put her hair up and go downstairs.  

Apparently my sudden outburst woke up Louis because he walked in with messy morning hair and without a shirt on (A/N: Please take a moment to imagine this… continue). “Why so excited mate?” He said with sleep still very much in his voice. 

“You’ll see.” I said, knowing I couldn’t wipe the grin off my face if I tried. I just walked downstairs and flipped on the TV, more excited than ever. 

Hailey’s POV 

Why? Why had I agreed to do this? 

I had just finished breakfast and had all the boys eat while I ran upstairs to flip through my song book trying to find out what in the name of god I am going to sing for the boys. I knew it was a special day for them but this was way to stressful. This book was pretty much my diary and I no girl would ever show a dairy to a group of boys. 

I had already decided that I would probably do the guitar solo in I Want by the boys to show them the instrument part. I had done when the boys in the class had done a cover after a slut had broken up with one of them. It was hilarious to see them sing it and I loved the guitar part. 

But what to sing? 

I knew for a fact that Zayn would make me do an original. I couldn’t do Love Story or Crazier (what I had been working on this morning) because Harry was the inspiration. SCREW IT! All my songs were about Harry! 

Then I found it. Untouchable. It was perfect. Sure, its about Harry, but it shows off the things I like about my voice and I can play guitar. I pulled a small smile as I looked at the lyrics. It was gonna be fun. I went over the rules I had made for myself in my head.

1.No eye contact 2.No looking anywhere NEAR Harry  3.Don’t cry if they hate it

Follow those and I could pull this off. I put my songbook in my purse then heard Zayn shout upstairs.

“ITS TIME!”