Chapter 27

Quick chapter! I like this one too, I'm glad to show it off to you guys early! next chapter starts DRAMA!! 

Dedication to NikitaVranesevic who had a lovley chat with me over Inboxing this morning! Loves! <3 

Well read on and enjoy!! <3 <3 

~~~

Connor’s POV

We all stood backstage, when Noah came running in with his list in his hands.

“Alright guys tonight’s run down…” He continues to call of songs, cues, and who is singing what. I listen for mine and Amy’s names, not really caring until I hear.

“Halfway through the night we have the whole group on Fly…” He says pointing at the list.

“Wooah, hold up. Fly? We can’t sing Fly.” I say to him. He looks up at me.

“It’s too late to change anything Connor.” He said sighing.

“We are missing a soloist, Hailey has a part!” I say getting frustrated.  No one sings the parts Hailey sang. Especially in group songs, it was like an unsaid law that everyone followed.

“We worked Hailey’s part out, just roll with it Connor.” He said before continuing to go down the list.

I was pissed. It was like he was forgetting Hailey. Like she had never happened. It was frustrating; no one here would be the same if she had never happened. And now we are taking her out of a song that she wrote most of. Screw it, screw Noah. She loved Noah, and now he’s doing this? I just glare at him as he reads on roles until Amy walks over to me.

“I know, it seems wrong. But those are great songs, we should be able to sing them. She would want us to.” She said looking into my eyes before hugging me tightly. I wrap my arms around her just as tightly and dig my head into her neck.

“Its not fair…” I said to her, knowing she would understand. She missed Hailey almost as much as I did. They were duet partners for life and hell they lived together. Amy understood; she was my girlfriend. She always understood.

“I know its unfair, trust me but for tonight lets just sing. Sing like she was still here. You know singing always seems to make everything better. Just go out there and be Connor.” She said to me and I pulled a small grin and nodded to her. She smiled back and pecked my lips giving me that small shock that I loved. She hugged me one more time before running to get dressed. I turned and got dressed as well and started to mentally warm up. No matter how angry you are, the stage is a place for acting. And eventually that acting happy turns into actually BEING happy. I grabbed a mic and the night began.

~~

I heard Noah over the loud speaker. “ALRIGHTY THEN, teachers are gone for the night and we have a special surprise for you guys, we have a song we haven’t done in a while. And trust me… you will be surprised. Let’s go guys!”

I sighed and walked up to the microphone that I was supposed to be at on the left side. It was all-dark, so I couldn’t see anyone on stage, but I heard Amy walk up to her microphone and blow a kiss. The weird thing is I heard someone walk up to the microphone in the middle, Hailey’s microphone.