Chapter 9

I looked up to see all shocked faces. They were impressed. 

“Well…?” I asked, still feeling very insecure. Man I hate this feeling. 

All the boys seemed at a lost for words as they all just starred at me. Was I bad? Had Zayn been wrong? Had he lied? What about all my college friends? Were all the compliments and good grades lies? 

We were all silent for a minute or two before Harry quickly stood up and walked out of the room, slamming the door. The boys seemed to snap out of their dazes as they all starred at the door in shock. He had just walked out of the room. Just. Like. That. I was right; I knew it! I knew I never should have sung for them! I thought he was starting to like me, now this!?!

I felt tears start to prickle in my eyes. I wanted to break the guitar but its not mine, so I just closed my song book and turned to Zayn.

“I told you this would end badly…” I threw him my songbook; I was done with it. I felt my tears start to pour down faster as I pushed past the boys despite their tries to stop me and ran down the stairs and out the door. 

Zayn’s POV 

“I told you this would end badly…” I barley caught Hailey’s songbook before she pushed past us out the door and out of the house in tears. I was so confused.

Hailey just performed absolutely gorgeously. Even I was in shock and I had heard her sing. But then Harry stormed out on us like he was upset. I guess Hailey had taken it the wrong way and thought he didn’t like it, which I am almost positive he did. She reacted badly, REALLY BADLY, which probably means she likes Harry. Hey, I know my sister well enough to know why she reacts and such. 

“What just happened?” Liam asked, also looking very confused. 

“What do you think happened?” I asked quite pissed off that Harry ha d made my baby sister feel insecure in that way. 

“Well…” Louis started us off.

“Hailey can sing.” 

“Really, REALLY good.”

“But she didn’t tell us.”

“And she told you.”

“But Harry got… mad?”

“Or he didn’t like her”

“Which is absolutely MAD.” 

“And Hailey started crying…”

“Well Hailey didn’t tell you guys because she thought you would hate her and think she was terrible, the only reason I know is because I found her song book on the day we got back.  She thinks she is terrible and no one has the guts to tell her. But now Harry storming out…” I trailed off as the boys, especially Liam, seemed to get mad in an instant. As if on cue we all turned and walked out of my bedroom and into Harry’s. 

There he was, laying on his bed; looking up at the ceiling. He had his hands in his hair and looked mad and upset. What the hell?

“What the hell was that?” I asked through clenched teeth. 

“What was what? “ He replied, slowly sitting up to face us. 

“You storming out on Hailey like that!” Liam said. He just sighed, looking defeated.

“Did you not like her singing or something?” Louis asked. Harry’s head flipped up to look at him.

“No, she’s amazing! How could you think that?” He asked in disbelief. 

“Because she think she sucks not that you stormed out.” Niall said. I held up my songbook to prove it. His eyes widened and he stood up. 

“No! No way, she just stopped singing, just like that? Its not that I don’t like her its just… UGH!”  He turned around and leaned his head on the wall.

“Just what Hazza?” Louis asked as he walked over to him. Thank you Lou! (A/N: THAT RHYMES!) Now we can find out why he is being such an ass. 

“Who does she write about?” He blurted out to me. What?

“What?” Liam asked for me.

“That was a love song, and I’m sure there are more. But… who did she write about. It’s just…” 

“YOU LIKE HAILEY!” Louis suddenly screamed out and everything seemed to click. He had always been weird about Hailey talking about guys, he had been touching her in some way all week long. 

“You like my sister...?” I asked him and he looked at me for a second before slowly nodding his head, knowing that I would have found out eventually. 

I thought about this for a second. Harry was a player, a big time player. And Hailey was so innocent. Could I really trust him to take care of my sister, my baby sister, who had such a fragile past? I looked into his eyes and saw nothing but regret and.. was it love? Gross. 

“If you screw with her, you’re dead. Got it?” I said my tone harsh and he eagerly nodded. I let my posture come out of the stiff position I was in and let my voice soften. “Go get her before she does something stupid.” 

Just like that Harry was out the door going out into the streets looking for my wandering sister. Wanting to be with her, after he had hurt her.

What had I done?

~~~~~

DAH DAH DAH! 

Here ya go! ;) Hope you enjoy. 

I WOULD LOVE FEED BACK (wink wink nudge nudge)!!! 

Thank you all! 

LOVES