Chapter 2

Once they were in the car Louis threw me into the back seat and I was squished together between Harry and Zayn, Liam jumped over us into the backseat, Niall at shot gun and Louis obviously driving the car. As soon as the car was turned on Up All Night started blasting.

“You guys listen to your own album?” I asked humorously.

“How are we to get better if we can’t listen to ourselves?” Niall pointed out. All the boys looked a little caught in the act though, and I remembered back to the day when they would scream their own songs in the car and I grinned to myself. Or made my grin bigger, I hadn’t stopped smiling since these boys picked me up.

“So-” I was going to start asking them how their year was, anything I missed, and such but I was cut off by Zayn blurting out,

“You’re still a virgin right?” He asked, all seriousness in his voice. I looked at him like he was completely insane until responding, sarcastically.

“Of course not! A year in America, duh!” I said simply while all the guys looked at me in shock. Well, Zayn looked pissed so did Harry, Niall was still trying to register what I had said, Louis was glaring at me and so was Liam.

“I am pulling over this car Hailey Malik.” Louis said before I busted out laughing. All the guys realized I was playing them and glared at me while I sat there in hysterics.

“Y-yes boys, I am still innocent. Really thought I would do that Zayn! GROSS!” I said to them and then continued laughing. They eventually joined in knowing that they just got totally owned. After the laughter died down, I started the conversation.

“So, any girls that I missed out on boys?” I asked them as a group they all shook their heads. “Caroline Flack?” I looked at Harry and he blushed.

“Not my best decision, it didn’t go any farther than what the news says happened. She is too old…” I chuckled. No shiz Sherlock.

“I’m sure you will find a great girl Hazz.” And she might be right in front of you. No big deal.

“What about you, any American guys caught your eye?” Louis asked as Harry stiffened for some strange reason.

“My best friend over there was actually a guy, but no romantic feelings what so ever.”

That was totally true. Conner Barry was my best friend EVER! That was American at least. He was tall and muscular. He had brown eyes and brown hair. Very fit. But like I said he was like a brother to me. He showed me where all my classes were for the first week and he played guitar or bass for all my performances. He was always on stage, made me feel confident.

He could sing too. He was like a John Mayer mixed with Jason Derulo style artist if that was possible and I loved it. He could literally sing anything and make it sound like angels.

“His name was Conner. He is awesome guys, I really hope you get to meet him one day.”

We went on to talk about their tour band my time in America. My friends, what the girls were like, how I did in classes. Of coarse avoiding the subject of Preforming Arts classes. 

When we arrived at the house, I almost gasped. It was way bigger than I remember it being. Well maybe that was because I had slept in a one room condo for a year. I got out of the car and snapped out of my gaze on the house to get my bags jus to seem one get picked up my each member of the band. Zayn had gone as far as to take my carry on bag off my shoulder.

“GUYS! Give me my bags, I can carry them.” I said pleadingly. Man these guys do too much!

“Princesses don’t carry bags, Princess.” Liam said over as shoulder as he carried one of my bigger bags up the driveway easily. I huffed and feel into step behind my brother.

“This place is so much bigger than I remember it.” I said breathily, still not believing I was home.

“You’ve been living in like a 5 by 5 room for a year, of course it is.” He said chuckling. The guys had mocked me for my small living space whenever we chatted.   It was annoying I will admit.

I finally gave in and let the boys carry my bags and started to walk into the house/mansion thing. It really was incredible.

“RACE YOU TO PUT HER STUFF UP!” I heard Louis yell and then I heard a stampede ok feet up the stairs. Zayn stayed by my side.

“They really are crazy, haven’t changed a bit.”

“They have also been arguing over little things having to do with you all week. Last first hug, I really should’ve won that one…” He said sadly. I just giggled and kissed his cheek.

I began walking up the stairs until I heard Zayn ask me a question.

“You sing?”