Recovery

Toni's pov

It had been a month since the school shooting and Cheryl's stomach was still healing from the damage of the bullet but her mind always wandered at times and I could see her eyes well up with tears at times. There had been so much drama over her possible pregnancy and to find out that she was pregnant but it didn't survive the trauma on Cheryl's body after the shooting mentally destroyed Cheryl, even though she tried to pretend to be strong over it. I knew that she didnt want to have the baby before the shooting but something had changed knowing that it had happened the way it did. To the rest of the world she put on her iconic Cheryl Bombshell attitude but at night I'd wake up to her screaming and crying in her sleep. My leg had healed in half of the time Cheryl's stomach had, I know longer limp as much as I had for the previous month, but I did see Cheryl winse in pain now and again when she moved a certain way. We were lucky.  To some people it may not seem like it but we were, we had already been through so much but now we were sitting in our home with Cheryl's nana Rose planning our wedding and I couldn't be happier as I watched her looking through a catalogue of flowers. My heart filled with love as I watched her so interested and happy.

Cheryl's pov

I stared down at the flowers filling the pages as I tried to picture in my mind which each of the displays would look like with everything else we had already picked out.

"Cheryl I think I am going to head to bed." My nana interrupted my vision of flowers.

"I'll help you." I slid a piece of paper into the page I had been looking at and began to stand up.

"No no I will help your nana." Toni stepped behind my nanas chair.

She leaned down and gave me a gentle kiss before heading off with my nana.

"I love you." I smiled as she disappeared probably barely able to hear me say it.

I opened up the catalogue at the page I had slipped the piece of paper in. I stared down at the page not even looking at the flowers but staring into space. In the last month I had found myself staring into space a lot. I tried to hide it from Toni but I'm pretty sure she has noticed. Just as I was absent mindedly turned the page Toni reappeared with a smile on her face. She sat down next to me leaning her head on my shoulder. I lay my head on top of hers and took a deep breath.

"I love you too." Toni whispered.

I smiled and closed my eyes.

"Did you find any you like?" Toni asked.

I smiled knowing she would regret asking. I flipped open the catalogue at page 3 of 150.

"Wait." Toni sat up.

I turned to her and smiled knowing she had realised.

"Are all of the pages with little red pieces of paper poking out of it pages of flowers you like?" She asked.

I nodded as I began to point out all of the flowers I liked.

"I really love you Cheryl Blossom." Toni kissed me as I was mid sentence.

It's probably going to take a little bit for me to catch up with my chapters so I have multiple ones to upload but I am writing and I'll try get as many chapters written out so I can publish them for you all as soon as I can.