Misfire

Cheryl's pov

After watching the serpents ride off into the sunset Betty asked us to join her and Jughead at Pops for a milkshake and some fries and Toni jumped at the chance. I however wasn't as excited about it. I wanted to go home and try find out about the ring that was burning a hole in Toni's pocket. I couldn't help but stare at the shape the ring was creating in her pocket. I wanted so badly to ask her about it but at the same time if she was going to propose I didn't want to ruin it in case she had it planned out already.

"Cheryl?" Toni looked at me questioningly as I jumped. "What are you looking at?" She smirked.

I didn't realise how weird it would look to other people that I was staring at my girlfriends crouch in public.

"Nothing." I lied. 

Betty sat down in a booth Jughead sitting across from her and Betty pulled me in beside her.

"Calm down." She whispered to me.

"I can't stop looking at it. I want to know why she has it." I whispered to her.

"You can't ask you might be way off and it would make it awkward." Betty whispered.

"What are you two whispering about?" Toni asked, sliding into the booth next to Jughead.

"Nothing." We both said at the same time.

"Toni would it be okay if we had ours to go I'm not feeling very good." I made a sad face to her.

"Of course I'll just get it to go." Toni left the booth.

"Cheryl!" Betty nudged me.

"What's going on with you two?" Jughead frowned.

"Cheryl thinks Toni is going to propose because she seen her nana's ring in Toni's pocket." Betty explained.

By the look on Jughead's face I could tell that he knew something.

"Spill hobo you know something don't you."

"No." He was clearly lying.

"Jug do you know why Toni has Cheryl's nana's ring?" Betty asked.

"I don't know why she has it. Are you sure it's even your nana's ring? Didn't you already give her that?" I knew Jughead knew something but he wasn't going to spill anything.

Toni appeared back at the booth with our milkshakes to go. "Are you ready to go?" 

I nodded and slid out of the booth.

"I hope you feel better soon Cheryl." Betty teased.

Toni's pov

Cheryl has been acting very weird ever since I told her that I choice her over the serpents. I couldn't tell what she was feeling but it was like she had something on her mind that she didn't want to tell me about. I mean when does she ever want to go away and speak to Betty about something instead of me. Maybe she was having second thoughts about us or she wanted me to leave with the serpents. I could see the tension when I had got back with our milkshakes between her, Betty and Jug. Even now being home she wasn't paying attention to the TV at all, I could see her mind was a million miles away. 

"Cheryl?"

"Yes TeeTee?" 

"What's wrong with you? You said you weren't feeling good but you ate they fries like there was no tomorrow." I took her hand in mine making her have to face me. "What did you have to talk to Betty about that you couldn't speak to me about?" I asked.

"It's nothing." I could tell she was lying she could pull that off with everyone else except me.

"Cheryl will you just tell me!" I exclaimed.

"Why do you have my nana's ring?" She shouted back at me.

I just stared at her mouth opened. How did she know I had it? Did she think I stole it? I didn't know what to say to her. I couldn't tell her that she gave it to me because she was encouraging me to propose.

"Toni!" 

"I.. She gave it to me.." I started.

"Why would she give it to you?" She asked.

"She asked me to get it cleaned for her she said that there was a specific way the jeweller had to clean it and asked me to take it for her." I lied.

Cheryl looked disappointed as she slumped back down into the couch. "Oh okay."

Cheryl's pov

"Are you okay?" Toni asked.

"Yes I just couldn't understand why my nana had given it to you and not me." I paused trying to think of a way to continue my lie to why I was disappointed. "I thought she had just given it to you as a present or something."

Next week from friday until monday I wont be updating because I'll be in Brussels at Archiecon however I will be vlogging at Archiecon so if you want to see that when I get back subscribe to my youtube channel which is pllsalt, it has my fanfic on the channel along with some choni video edits. I will link one of my videos in this chapter so you can find my channel if you want to subscribe and see my Archiecon vlog.