Mother?

Toni's pov

As soon as the final bell rang for school I immediately went searching for Cheryl's class. I knew she would be looking for me when she got out like she always did, and I hated the thought of her not being able to see me there when she got out. She had been so clingy ever since the attack and the serpents still hadn't been ablr to track down Nick. I finally found her class room just in time. She exited the room and I could see her eyes scanning the hallway for me. A smile spread across her face when her eyes met mine. She practically ran to me giving me a kiss as soon as she was close enough.

I knew that we were going to need to travel home separately from school since we travelled to school separately after having to pick up my pay check up from the Whyte Wrym this morning.

"What should we do for dinner tonight?" I asked.

"What ever you want I'm fine with."Cheryl replied as she searched for her car key.

"I'll meet you back at thistle house." I gave Cheryl a quick kiss before climbing on my motorcycle.

I didn't want to leave Cheryl alone so I had to get our food fast and get home to her. The thought of anything happening to her again because I wasn't there again killed me. I never wanted to leave her side but I knew that my smothering would just upset Cheryl.

Cheryls pov

I knew that Nick was no longer a threat to me, since the serpents were out looking for him, but being in the grounds of Thistle house alone still made me uneasy. As I drove through the gates I had my eyes searching all around me making sure no one was there. Toni had got us a security system but it didn't make me feel one hundred percent safe. I don't think anything would make me feel as safe as Toni does. I began to shake as I pulled up outside. I parked the car as close to the house as I possibly could. As I climbed out of the car something didn't feel right and I wanted to just get back into the car and drive away again but I knew I couldn't keep running away any time I got scared. I opened the front door of the house and still had the same feeling as I did outside that something felt off. I took a few steps inside, my heart racing in my chest.  I tried to quieten my breath to listen for any noises but all I could hear was the pounding of the blood in my ears. As I was about to take another step forward there was a creaking of a floor board.

"Is someone here?" I shouted into the darkness. "You better leave I have a gun!" I lied as I picked up a vase from the table in front of the door.

"Cheryl put that down before you hurt yourself." I knew that voice but it wasn't possible."Do you know how much that costs?"

I turned to see her standing to my left a few meters away.

"Mother."