Aftermath

Cheryl's pov

 It took a while but we eventually made it outside. Everyone around us were crying and hugging one another.  Toni was holding on to my hand tightly as she pulled me through the crowds of people. We finally stopped at her motorbike and for the first time since the curtain came down I was aware of the tears that had escaped my eyes. I wiped them away quickly as Toni put her arms around me holding on to me as tightly as she could.

"Are you okay?" She asked resting her head on my shoulder.

"I'm fine."

I could feel Toni taking in a very deep breath. 

"Maybe we should get away from the school." Toni's grip around me loosened slightly.

"Pops." I suggested. 

Toni climbed on to her motorbike and I climbed on after her wrapping my arms around her as tightly as possible and resting my head on her back. After seeing Jayjay being shot I guess i didn't have the same kind of reaction that everyone else did.

Toni's pov

When we got to Pops we ordered some fries and milkshakes - strawberry for my cherry on top and chocolate for me. We sat in our regular booth in silence for a few moments while I held on to Cheryl's hand then I remembered what Cheryl had whispered to me while Mr Lodge was speaking, before the curtain went up.

"You said you had something to tell me." I played with Cheryl's fingers.

Cheryl looked up at me with realisation spreading across her face.

"It can wait." She fake smiled.

"Are you sure everything is okay?" I asked.

"Of course, why wouldn't it be?" Cheryl put on her fake I'm okay and nothing can touch me attitude just as our fries arrived as well as half of the students in school.

I watched as everyone bundled into Pops, half of them with wet red eyes. The tables were all beginning to fill up when I seen Jughead and Betty in the crowd. I looked at Cheryl who had spotted them too and she nodded to me knowing what I was thinking.

"JUG! OVER HERE!" I shouted through all the mumbles of half of the school.

Betty spotted us before Jughead did and they made their way to us. 

"Join us." I offered and they both sat down.

Everyone was silent while the rest of pops was buzzing with noise from all of the other students.

"So when did this happen?" Jug asked looking at both Cheryl and I.

"Eh well I guess it kind of started just before Cheryl was with the sisters, then it has been building since then and it became official last night." I took Cheryl's hand and smiled.

"I'm happy if you're happy Toni." Jughead barely smiled.

"So what do you think about all of this with the black hood. I thought we caught him." Betty changed the subject.

"I think you were all stupid to think that it would be that easy to catch him." Cheryl rolled her eyes.

I could tell Cheryl didn't wanted to be alone and regretted saying it was okay for Jug and Betty to sit with us. She didn't even look like she was in the same world as everyone else. After nearly half an hour of trying to listen to Jug and Betty going on about the black hood I decided to pull Cheryl out of what seemed like her own personal hell.

"Should we get going?" I asked.

"Don't you want to wait and find out what principal weatherbee has to say about what happened?" Betty looked at me confused.

"Jug can text me and let us know." I replied takong Cheryls hand and leading her out of the booth.

Im going to be meeting Madelaine and vanessa next month and wanted to put together a book of messages and art work from fans so if you want to be involved in adding to it dm me on here or my instagram or twitter ny username for both is @choniloveari