Toni's Birthday

Cheryl's pov

Even though Toni had planned such an amazing surprise for our first night here including the proposal she had no idea that I had planned something for her birthday. She didn't even know that I knew it was her birthday today, but of course I made it a point to know everything I could. Toni was still sleeping so I slipped out of the hotel to go pick up her birthday present and everything else I had ordered before we even got to Paris. I couldn't wait to see her face when she woke up I just had to make sure I was back before she woke up. It only took me a few minutes to find the store I had ordered her balloons from.

"Bonjour." I smiled as I entered the store.

"Bonjour." replied a small woman with grey hair. 

"Je suis ici pour prendre une commande pour Blossom." I walked up to the counter.

("I am here to pick up an order for Blossom.")

The woman looked shocked not expecting me to speak to her in French.

"Oui deux moments s'il vous plait." The woman disappeared into the back room.

("Yes two moments please.")

I looked around the store at all the balloon displays and decorations. 

"Excusez moi mademoiselle." I turned to see the woman holding three massive bags.

("Excuse me Miss.")

She handed me both of the bags. One was a lot lighter than the other, obviously being the ones that contained the balloons

"Merci beaucoup." I smiled as I turned to leave the store.

I only had one more stop to make and that was to pick up Toni's birthday present.

Toni's pov

I rolled over in bed with my eyes still closed in the search for Cheryl's warm body. I reached my arm out and couldn't feel her. My eyes shot open and I jumped up worried that she wasn't there. My eyes were met with what seemed like hundreds of balloons that had taken over the entire room and birthday banners covering the walls.

"Happy birthday." Cheryl was sitting in the chair that was in the corner of the room just before the balcony. 

"Wow." Was all I could say.

I climbed out of bed and made my way to Cheryl. Just as I reached the bottom of the bed Cheryl got out of the chair and pushed me back on to the bed. 

"Stay." She smiled as she raised her eyebrow. 

She left the hotel room and appeared a few seconds later carrying in a silver tray. She placed the tray in front of me and lifted the silver lid to reveal croissants, strawberries, toast, eggs and orange juice. 

"Breakfast in bed for the birthday girl."She bit her lip.

"Cheryl this is amazing." I pulled her face to mine kissing her.

"Wait till you get your present." She smiled.

"My present?I didn't even know you knew it was my birthday. Who told you?" I asked.

"Jughead of course. You are seventeen that is something to celebrate." Cheryl placed one of the strawberries in my mouth before wandering back to the seat in the corner.

"Seventeen isn't exactly a big birthday." I said while eating the strawberry.

She picked up a small gift bag and sat down on the bed next to me. She had a massive smile on her face as she handed me the bag. I pulled out all of the tissue paper to reveal a small box. I looked up at Cheryl whos smile was growing. I opened up the box to reveal a silver locket with a serpent engraved into the front of it. I flipped it over to reveal two cherries on the back.

"Do you like it?" Cheryl asked.

I opened up the locket and it had two small photos one of Cheryl and I and one that I took of Cheryl on one of our dates.

"I love it. Its the greatest birthday present anyone has ever gotten me." I stared at the locket in my hand.

It was perfect. There was no better gift anyone could ever give me.

"Theres one more thing that I picked up today. It was the only thing I hadn't already ordered before we got here." Cheryl took out a small box from behind her back.

She placed the box in front of me with a grin that spread from ear to ear. She opened the box to reveal a ring.

"I wanted to give you one too so everyone knows you are mine as I am yours." Cheryl slid the ring gently on to my finger.

"This has honestly been the greatest birthday I have ever had." Toni pulled me into her kissing me as I wrapped my legs around her waist.

Last update until I get back from archiecon next week