Doctors

Cheryl's pov

As I hugged into Toni on the back of her motorbike I felt like I was going to vomit all over her. I wish I could go back to that night and just ignore the note so I didn't go out to the barn. If I just told Toni we wouldn't be in this situation. I was so deeply in my own head that  I didnt even realise that Toni had stopped and we had made it to the doctors already.

"You ready?" Toni asked.

"Lets do this babe." I climbed off the motorcycle.

Toni's pov

As we sat in the waiting roon surrounded by sick adults and children my stomach was churning. It felt like we had been waiting hours when in reality it had only been ten minutes.

"Cheryl Blossom room four please." A voice spoke over the intercom.

Cheryl looked at me before she stood up.

"Come with me." She put her hand out to me and I took it.

I followed her along to room four to find the door opened for us. There was a young woman doctor sitting behind a desk. Her blonde hair sat just above her shoulders and her face was caked with makeup.

"Miss Blossom so what can I help you with today?" The doctor asked as we sat down across from her.

"I-I think--" Cheryl looked to me for help.

"We think she might be pregnant." I explained.

"Have you taken a test?" The doctor asked.

"Yes." Cheryl answered.

"Well they tests sometimes aren't always right so I am going to need you to pop to the bathroom with this cup and we will do our own test for you." The doctor handed Cheryl a clear plastic cup and pointed her in the direction of the bathroom.

I gave Cheryl a ressuring smile before she left the room. The doctor and I sat in silence for a few seconds.

"She was raped." I blurted out.

The doctor's eyes widened shocked by my outburst.

"That is a good thing for me to know thank you." She replied.

"Just be careful shes not as strong as she makes out she is sometimes. If she is pregnant don't be to excited or anything like that about it. Shes scared and she doesn't need someone pushing it all in her face." I said firmly.

The room door opened and Cheryl appeared holding the plastic cup which was now half filled up. She handed it to the doctor and sat down beside me. The doctor placed it down on the desk and went into one of her drawers pulling out a small box. She took out a plastic stick that had atleast six faint colours on it. She put the plastic stick into the cup for a few seconds before pulling it out. I took Cheryl's hand and squeezed it.

"Well.... I have some bad news. Your blood sugar is quite low however yoi are not pregnant." My entire body froze as I stared at the doctor holding up the plastic stick which was now a rainbow of colors.

"Whay do you mean? I took the test it said I was." Cheryl asked.

"Sometimes the home pregnancy tests can be wrong. They can be faulty or they can pick up or things like hormone imbalances."

I finally took a deep breath in.

"So she's not pregnant?" I asked unable to believe what she just said.

"No." The doctor confirmed.

I looked over at Cheryl who for the first time since she was first sick smiled. Her smile lit up the room and the world felt like a much happier and wonderful place.

Cheryl's pov

I ran out of the doctors office happiest I'd been in days. However in the back of mind all I could think about was that phone call with Jason. We might have not had an actual conversation but it was proof he was alive. I had to find him. I wasn't pregnant and JJ was alive, today has been the greatest day I've had in a long time. I stopped when I reached Toni's motorcycle, turning to see Toni right behind me. I grabbed her face with both of my hands and kissed her. The kiss esculated and I just wanted to take Toni home.

"Lets get home." I bit my lip smiling as I put on Toni's helmet.