Scroll 9: Rose Garden

Sinbad sat on his chair as he thought of all the things that happened today. He was stunned by the sudden exit of two countries in the International Alliance. Not only that, he was also unsure if it was really Thais that he saw outside. He felt ridiculed and thought of Kogyouku's sincere apology as sarcastic remark to bring shame on the world he created. He felt as if it was a direct attack on his ego and his magnificent work. The thought of Thais being a figment of his imagination, after all the stress he had, also brought pain to him.

'She's not just some figment of my imagination, right? She can't just be, right? I-I'm longing too much for her empty presence. I can't help but feel more empty. Aladdin told me that everybody can see a bit of their destiny? Then why is it that they still make mistakes?' He sneered internally. Sinbad could not focus and there were a lot of things on his mind right now. He needed to get out of the stuffy room. Drowning himself with work was not helping anymore.

"Sinbad? Are you listening to me?" Darius asked. He was pulled out of his trance and quickly stood up. He apologized to the Sasan Representative and told him that he needed to cool his head down. Darius understood his friend's predicament and let him off.

Sinbad quickly changed to his casual clothing before taking off. The pain in his chest increased in time as he thought of the things that were happening to him. It puzzled him to no end. He was confused why he could not see destiny anymore, even hear his voice. He also thought of how Thais was alive. However, deep inside him, he knew that they never found the body and just assumed that she was dead. He was the one who chose her to be dead. How could he? He was not a good husband.

'Thais. Let me see you again!' He desperately wished.

Thais felt a chill run down her spine. She looked around for the source. Akil tilted his head in wonder. He asked if there was something wrong. She shook her head and unconsciously tightened her hold on him. He knew that there was something bothering his mother, so he lead her to a bench to rest. He held her hands and told her that whatever was on her mind, she could tell him.

"You're too mature for your own age, Akil. But, you are right. I just thought that I heard your father. You know, there is this fear in my heart. I want you to meet your papa. Do you want to?" Thais weakly asked. Her hands trembled against his hold. Akil brought his hands to her face and put his forehead on hers.

"Mama, I will be with you. There is no need to hide your fear. I will not let anything bad happen to you. You can show me your weakness." He whispered. Thais cried against him and tightly held her son. It was the best thing she heard all day. It was the only thing that broke down her walls. Yes, there was no need to fear now. There should not be any regrets left.

"You're right. Let's go to your father?"

"Ma? I want to surprise him with a song. Do you think we can do that?" Akil asked. She nodded before using 'hadad', a magic to guide Sinbad to them. It took the form of a blue butterfly and fluttered to where Sinbad's magoi was. Akil and Thais both took off to a special place they found on their travels. Together, they put on their guitars out and sang.

Hikari Shoumeiron by Honeyworks [Chico]

<Thais; Akil>

Mayoikonda kono sekai de
Deatte shimatta bokura wa saigo ni

Touhon seisou sagashibito ate mo naku
Kyouran dotou arekuruu yo no naka de

Aimai monokuro jinsei ni
Saidai furasshu kuretan da
"Arigatou" hitori janai
Kuroi kuroi kono donten ni Cry Cry namida shitatte
Kumoma no hikari tsukame