Scroll 2: Magic Academy

Magnostadt
Aladdin's POV

"Sixth Kodor." What? I tilted my head in confusion as the instructor gave me my insignia signifying that I was a sixth kodor student.

'Is this really the only thing I could muster without the help from the rukh? I'm more helpless than I thought.' I thought to myself before hearing a snicker from behind me. It was another student with white hair and golden eyes. Amazing. I decided to take the test once more and I was sure that the instructor was ticked off by my attitude. I faced the enclosed barrier and called forth my magic.

"Harl Harl Infigar!" Poof. Oh great, it was just a small flame that did not even last 15 seconds. The instructor confirmed my rank once more and I deflated at that.

Soon, we were called to enter Magnostadt. It was amazing. We rode a magic carpet that delivered us inside the campus. Magic was everywhere and I gasped at the sight. My heart was filled with determination and I promised that I will succeed in learning about Magnostadt and dark rukh.

'This place is truly amazing. I want to know more and maybe solve Nee-san's riddle for me.' I thought giddily. My heart soared at the sight of the dorm. Fortunately, they gave us time to rest for tomorrow's lesson. By the way, lessons here were called Marif. Not sooner than later, I found my room and to my surprise, a snake greeted me. It belonged to the man I saw earlier in the entrance exam. He glared at me and asked for my name.

"I am Aladdin. It is nice to meet you, uhm?" He scoffed at that.

"Sorry, but I don't associate myself with lower kodors." He replied. I took a peek at his paper and learned that his name was Sphintus. He did not like me snooping at it though.

"What are you doing here anyway? You should just quit as early as possible." He said. I raised my eyebrow at that so he explained to me about this special exam students take every two months. It determined who will drop out and who will ascend to the next kodor. I knew that it will not be easy, but it excited me. I was about to say something when my paper was snatched away from my hands.

"What is this? All of the subjects you have in your curriculum are body strengthening."

"Wait what? I don't have any magic lessons?" This was not going to be easy.

The Next Day
Campus Field

"Why are our magic tools on the floor? Aren't we going to use them?" One of the elder students I was in muttered. Suddenly, a whip descended on us and we saw a lady wearing metal plates as clothes. What distracted me the most were her bouncy ch—Ehem! As I was saying, what distracted me the most was her orders.

"My name is Myers. I will be your instructor for this semester. You don't deserve to hold those wands yet. You sixth kodors are the top of the drop-out list. Unless you are worthy enough, you will be thrown out. You little punk, is that your poor excuse for being so quiet. Show me that you mean business!" She said. I was about to say something when I felt myself slam against the floor. It hurt very much!

Too soon, we were tasked to train our bodies. Pull-ups were done and it was a struggle. I reached for the bar above me and failed quite epically. I apologized to the instructor for my incompetence, but she just electrocuted me.

"I'm really sorry, I never really thought of strengthening my body." I stuttered.

"You punks really think that you don't need to build your body don't you!? You all are feeble beyond feeble! You will train your bodies to the best. When I say jump, you will jump. When I say run, you will run! And when I say fly, you will fly!"