Scroll 16: Parthevia

I woke up a little early today. Rubbing my eyes, I stretched my body when I suddenly felt pain. My body felt heavy all of a sudden and I could not breathe well. The bruises from before were back as well.

'Thais! Are you alright?' Ose asked. I huffed out heavily before telling him that I will be alright.

'Just don't force yourself too much or that purple haired pervert we'll get worried.' Ronove teased. I blushed at his remark before yelling at him (in my mind) that he was embarrassing me. I could my face heat up and I probably look like a tomato right now.

'How embarrassing!'

'Whatever. You should go and talk to Leonhart regarding your plans. Sinbad and the others will be going back to Balbadd and that will take about half a month by ship. You, on the other hand, will just need 1 or 2 weeks to reach Yrif.' Ose said. I nodded before fixing myself up. I went out of the tent to see Leonhart cooking up something. Sitting beside him, he bid me a good morning.

"We need to go back to Yrif and help out with the works. I don't think Ana can handle everything." I uttered. He unconsciously touched his vessel while regarding my remark true.

"We'll have to take a different route from them if that is the case. I checked out the map earlier and I found out that by taking this road, we can reach Yrif in less than 2 weeks without using our vessels." He informed me. I noticed that everyone just woke up. Sinbad grinned and bid me good morning. I returned it before helping Leonhart distribute the food. Ja'far took out his map and told us that the road ahead will be tough due to sandstorms which meant that we will have to stay close together. Leonhart and I looked at each other before telling them.

"Actually, we have something to tell you. We won't be able to accompany you back to Balbadd since we need to go back to Yrif as soon as possible. We will be taking a different route and..." I trailed. Leonhart continued it for me.

"I checked out the route we will be taking and sure, we will be able to reach our home in time."

Sinbad understood our situation and so were the others but I could see the disappointment in his eyes. I discreetly went to him before holding his hands. He was shocked before holding it tightly.

"I promise that I will visit you soon. We just have to settle a lot of matters. Wait for me okay?"

"Of course." He said before kissing my forehead. I blushed at his actions and the only ones who saw this were Leonhart, Ja'far, Hinahoho, Drakon and Selendine. They were all smirking at us.

'What the hell?' I quickly turned around when I heard their chuckles. Damn them.

Breakfast ended fast and we bid them farewell. Our route was towards east while they were going to take north. Sinbad gave us one last look before going as well. While walking, Leonhart spoke.

"So you two are together now?"

"Y-Yeah."

"I'm happy. Although, I hope that he will not make you cry or else, he will answer to my fist." He threatened. I laughed out at his protectiveness. I was glad that he back to his normal attitude.

It had been five hours since we separated from the group and I could feel irritation hit me. We had been walking and there was no sight of anything but sand! No bird even crossed us nor had we seen travelers. I asked Leonhart if this was really the right way and he nodded. I shook my head and just continued walking.

Just when I thought boredom will completely consume me, I heard some noise not far from us. Leonhart must have heard it as well because he readied his sword. In front of us were silhouettes of people. Squinting my eyes, they looked to be held up by chains.