Scroll 16: Invitation and Feud

Everything was going well and almost everybody was having fun. Aladdin had been given the staff of Magnostadt's chancellor while Alibaba was training hard with Sharkan. Morgiana, on the other hand, had been doing her best to learn new moves from Toto, Kaein and Masrur. Thais was learning more about Sindria, and Sinbad loved that about his wife.

"Thais? We should get our lunch soon. Some of the generals will not be joining us so I hope you will be alright with that." Thais looked up from her papers to greet her husband. She put down her pen and walked with him.

"I hope you're not working them too hard, Sin. You know that they are still humans despite their strength and wit." She teased. Sin huffed and told her that the generals were all healthy and strong. She countered it with them still growing up.

"Look at you talk. You worry too much about the others that you sometimes forget yourself. Now, let's get to the dining area 'cause I hear that stomach of yours grumbling." He smirked. Thais pouted before kissing him suddenly. She quickly pulled away though and raced towards the dining area.

"Ha! Take that, Sin. See ya!" He chuckled at her childishness before racing towards their place. Every member of the castle who saw their banter laughed at their antics.

"We really are grateful to have Lady Thais here." They muttered to themselves.

Two hours later, Alibaba and the others were called for an important meeting. Sinbad, Masrur and Ja'far were in his office. Of course, Thais was also there, but she was just sipping water and eating some sweets. She just could not risk a thing.

"An invitation from Ren Kouen came and he invited you to come to him for a talk. As you know, the place where the summit is going to be held is in an uninhabited island near Magnostadt which is in the boundary between Reim and Kou. In order for Ren Kouen to accept such terms, we sent out a messenger. It was actually my wife who volunteered to. She came to see him, but he insisted on meeting with the former third prince of Balbadd and the Magi." He explained. Aladdin was too honest and outwardly insulted the prince. Thais giggles at her brother's words. Alibaba was stiff at the news, yet she could see the twinkle in his eyes.

"We all agreed to go to the summit without our metal vessels. They said it's for 'safety' purposes. As if. Ahem. Anyways, we don't really believe that Kou will abide to this agreement so we made some preparations. We were about to talk to him regarding our terms, but it looks like it's fine by them. Alibaba and Aladdin will be coming to Kou as the prince's escorts." Thais said. She did not want to risk those two, but in order to make him come, they would have to comply.

"Lady Thais, Sin, that's a bit..." Ja'far trailed. Thais put down her cup and looked at them.

"Kouen is very unpredictable. At all cost, we must take precautions. Whether they want their power or not." She muttered. Sin looked at his distressed wife and told them about his guess.

"I wondered about that actually. As a general commander of Kou Empire, he asked for an official emissary. He also planned to only send ships, goods and the men that are necessary to him. As for the Kingdom of Sindria, we are, in one way or another, a partner to which he has to speak with. We cannot trust him. However, apart from that, we don't have any reason to deny his request." He expanded. In other words, Alibaba was invited back to the country where he was exiled.

"Balbadd!?" Morgiana exclaimed. She knew how painful it was for him, and she wanted to comfort the young man. Aladdin glanced at his friend and wondered why his decision would be. Minutes later, he was finally able to decide.

"Alright, I will go and meet him alone." Thais was surprised with his declaration. It looked like the crybaby she once knew was now a grown up man. She clutched her metal vessel tightly and decided that she will have to go back and have a talk with the prince.