Scroll 26: Akil

It had been a long day. Eisa and Luna were right behind me with Kouha perched on her back. It pained me to leave the battlefield behind but what more could I do? Kouen already declared his defeat. The only thing I could do for now was wait for the future and what was to come.

"Milady, we will take Kouha to the magi's house. Where will you be for the mean time?" Luna asked. I turned towards her and smiled slightly. I pointed at the deeper part of the Dark Continent.

"I want some time for myself. I'll be back before dusk. I'll see you two later." I muttered tiredly. Eisa noticed my tone and smiled weakly. He told me that everything will be good in time.

"All in time, Miss Thais. All in time."

It took half an hour before I could reach the cliff I wanted to rest for a while. I summoned my rukh and used Marbas' magic. The water divided into two and I saw Sinbad and Kouen both having their own conversation. I first glanced at Sinbad who was talking with Hakuei. It was strange and I felt a sudden tightness at their closeness. It was then that I saw Hakuei press herself to Sinbad as if he did not have any wife. It pained me to see them but was Sinbad actually enjoying her presence than mine? Was he really over me that quickly? Was I only overthinking this? I did not know. I did not have any answers at hand.

In order to save my self from further pain and embarrassment, I turned to Kouen's. He was conversing with Hakuryuu and it looked very serious until he turned to him and mouthed that he did not want to be king. Hakuryuu must have been asking him why he did not become nor desire to be Kou's Emperor. I was right, this man was righteous and kind-hearted.

Dark Continent Cliff
Third Person

"This was not the future I envisioned." She whispered harshly to her self. She drowned in her own self pity and it took her three days before Kouha finally awakened. He demanded answers.

"Why did you take me away from them, Thais!? I was a commander and I prefer dying for my country! I prefer to have lost and accept my punishment than to have escaped and be called a coward!" He shouted. Thais glanced at him and glared.

"Kouen entrusted you to me. He told me to take you away and help me. Don't you see that it also pains me to see you here apart from your family!? No! You were not the only person who lost a lot that time, Kouha. I also lost a lot but I want to face it with my firm belief in tact. I want to find a way and... and... I don't know. I feel like I'll break any second from now. The numbness I feel is incredibly painful. I also had my fair share of pain too, Kouha. We all had." Thais completely broke down in front of the angry prince. They both felt each other's pain but refused to acknowledge it. Kouha glared at her.

"I wish you just disappear and never bother with my life again." It hurt her to hear those words out of his mouth. Kouha abruptly left her to her own world. She took a deep breath and sat by edge while clutching a piece of paper in her hands.

"Did I make the right decision? Was I wrong all along? Please, somebody out there, tell me what to do. I'm so lost right now." Her body shook with each gulp of air she took to calm herself as tears stung her eyes. Unconsciously, she put a hand on her stomach. She apologized for bringing him in a world of chaos and pain. If it was possible, she would have attempted Sheba's magic but she was no good at that.

Eisa exited the magi's house to find Luna but instead, he found the prince in a foul mood. He was sitting near the fire Yunan made so he decided to plop himself right next to him.

"Is there anything wrong, Mister Kouha?"

He turned to him but refused to accept his presence. He was still upset about Thais and the battle he left behind. Eisa shifted uncomfortably in his sit before pulling Kouha's shirt.