Scroll 9: Epiphany

Several Weeks Later
Thais' POV

It had been several weeks ever since Ja'far dismissed the news to us. We had been working hard trying to earn the money and this company received a special treatment from my very own Yrif Kingdom. It was not that easy because just when I was expecting Leon to come, he was suddenly held back by a meeting with an allied country. I had to apologize to Miss Rurumu a lot. She just laughed at me though and assured me that it was fine. Since no one knew that I was from royalty, I had to make up a valid reason and luckily, she believed what I said.

'You should go and contact the Balbadd King. It will be not easy but we need him since he is as influential as you if you don't want to reveal who you are to the others.' Ose advised. I nodded and quickly arranged the papers in front of me. Standing up from my chair, I quickly grabbed my coat and saw Ja'far about to go somewhere.

"Ja'far? Are you going somewhere?"

"Miss Thais. Y-Yes, I intend to go to Balbadd to ask for King Rashid's help. He might help us regarding the association." He admitted. I grinned at his words before asking him if I could go with him. He was surprised so he asked me why.

"I know King Rashid and I guess it's time to visit him again. Although, I advise you not to be surprised with what you'll see or hear there once we land." I simply said. He tilted his head in confusion and I had to laugh at it. We went to Miss Rurumu's office and asked for her permission. She was a little hesitant but in the end, she had to let us go.

"Just be careful there and don't be reckless like Master Sinbad." She warned.

"You can trust us, Miss Rurumu." Ja'far assured. We exited the company and ran down the docks to find an available boat. There was one and we boarded it safely. It will take about 5 days to get there and we knew that we will have to do everything in our powers to convince the king.

Three Days Later

"We're finally in Balbadd. Let's go and visit King Rashid. Hopefully, he will help us with Sinbad's mess." We entered the castle and the soldiers were about to stop us when they recognized me.

"It's nice to have you here, Princess Thais. Welcome." One of the soldier greeted. Ja'far froze beside me and he glanced at me with a surprised face. I just gave him a smile before asking a familiar soldier about King Rashid's whereabouts.

"Barkak? Where is King Rashid?" His eyes widened at the sight of me and my unexpected visit.

"Lady Thais! Welcome to Balbadd. Currently, the King is at his balcony for his morning tea. Would you like me to escort you there?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yes, please. Let's go Ja'far?" He absentmindedly nodded. I scratched my cheek at his behavior. While walking, he took that chance to ask me who I was really.

"Hmm? Does it really matter?" I mused. Barkak chuckled at my antics.

"You do know that it is unusual to see a royalty like you aside from Your Majesty, Lady Thais." Barkak teased. I laughed at his statement before turning to Ja'far.

"Sinbad already knew and I wonder why he didn't tell you. Anyways, I am Thais Demeus, Princess of Yrif Kingdom." He stopped walking and shouted at the top of his lungs.

"WHAAAAT!?"

"Y-You didn't have to shout. Geez." He went to me and I got scolded for not realizing how important my situation was. I just laughed and assured him that even though I was a little laid back, I still did my job as Yrif Princess. He sighed before asking Barkak to continue.

"You surely surprised them, didn't you?" He smirked.

"It doesn't really matter to me. Plus, I'm just like King Rashid in many ways." I boasted. It was then that we heard a familiar voice. I did not notice that we finally reached the balcony until the king spoke. We greeted him and I quickly urged Ja'far to sit down and tell him everything.