Scroll 23: Comfort

Aladdin just finished his story and Alibaba realized how difficult the magi's life was. Here he was, complaining about his life and all, but Aladdin had it worse. He bore the world in his shoulder. Thais saw the glint in the blonde's eyes, and she knew that the magi did make great friends.

'He will surely be there beside him. Aladdin, you have friends that you can trust and I hope that you will let them in so that you will not bear everything like your father did. Demeus already made that mistake and I know that Solomon did as well. However, I think you can choose what's right and wrong now.' She unconsciously touched her stomach and rubbed it. Her child will be living in this world as well. She only hoped that he/she will grow up with courage, wisdom and strength to carry on.

Her reverie was cut off when commotion from every side erupted. Sinbad was also acting different. She knew that everything he questioned was finally quenched, but there was still something dark in his eyes that she could not fathom. Something, even she, did not want to know. Like Aladdin and Alibaba, this was also the first time she saw Sinbad make that face.

"Kings, what I have shown you about Alma Toran, is part of the history that really happened in the past." Aladdin said. One of Kouen's household member scoffed and mocked him, asking him if they should follow orders from Solomon's son. The magi shook his head. That was not his intention at all.

"No, you are wrong. Alma Toran is a world in the past and now lies in ruins. I don't know if Solomon was evil or not. Only the people of the Alma Toran can judge it. Shouldn't we, as people of this world, decide on what we can do?" Aladdin asked. Many were confused and so, he simplified it. He asked them what they will do now that they know who their common enemy was.

"Are you going to save this world or destroy it!? If the current metal vessel owners continue their feud, then history will repeat itself. There is, indeed, an organization who is keen on Ill Ilah's descent. In order to stop this from happening, there are three things we must do. First, there must be a cease-fire treaty between all kingdoms." That statement itself caused an uproar between them. Thais also found it difficult. These kings in front of her already had minds of their own. They already made a decision and it will not be easy to persuade them.

"Aladdin, what are you planning?" Aladdin tried to justify his reasonings. Suddenly, Sinbad stood up.

"Sin? What are you—" Before Thais could even finish her question, Sinbad was already in front of Kouen. He expressed his dislike towards them and Kouen did the same. He was trying to provoke everybody against Kou by telling them that Al-Thamen resides in his country. She worried for her husband's judgment. Luckily, instead of instigating further arguments, Kouen retorted calmly.

"Sinbad, you have the power to make the world move and yet, why do you resort to live your life in such twisted ways? I don't understand you at all."

All in all, none of the kingdoms were able to get Aladdin's message. Thais gritted her teeth. She feared for the future but she feared more of the present. Nobody would be able to tell how everything will go from now on. She quickly rose to her feet and stood by her husband's side.

"Sin, Kouen, have you really understood the meaning of the story Aladdin just told you?" She asked. Sinbad could not take his eyes off his wife. He understood it a little but not to the extent. Kouen, on the other hand, did not answer her. She was about to ask more when Alibaba rushed past her, almost knocking her if it was not for Sinbad catching her. He insisted that he will fight by Kou's side if it means that Aladdin's wish will be granted.

"Don't get too serious, you fool. Aladdin, you have let me hear a good story but I have already lost interest in you. Although, I must say that I still have a few question especially about yours Thais. I would love to hear it someday." He smirked. Thais sighed at him. She missed the look that Sinbad gave them.