Scroll 8: She

It was a great start of the day. Waking up with sun rays hitting your face and the chirp of birds around was really nice. I quickly changed to my regular traveling clothes which consisted of white buttoned top, black pants, fingerless gloves and boots. A knock on the door alerted me and I opened it to see a servant.

"Good morning, Lady Sith. Food is ready and Lord Kouen requests your presence in the dining area. Please follow me." I did and when we reached the door, I was surprised to see Hakuei, Hakuryuu and Kogyouku. The red haired goatee arranged me to sit beside him.

"Before eating, let me introduce you to this person first. She is Lady Sith and is one of our best scholar. I hope you can get along with her as well." I gave them a nod of recognition. I was actually in luck because I thought that witch would be here. If that ever happen, I was screwed. I only stood out when it comes to training the soldiers since I never want to catch her eyes. My thoughts were brought down by a cough.

"So Lady Sith, I heard you were a traveler as well. How was it? Have you gotten to travel all around the world?" Lady Hakuei asked. It made me smile so I recollected all of my memories around the world. They were fascinated especially with the countries I had visited but were yet to be scouted. Kogyouku was cold at first but soon warmed up to me. Hakuryuu, on the other hand, looked like he did not want to be in the same room as whoever he hated the most.

After breakfast, it was time for me to give one last training to the soldiers. We began with simple exercises before pairing them up. Their individual strengths had developed, disciplines were on track, fluidity and grace was there. All that was left was to use them for one final work. Since I did present to start farming for alternative job, I called out 30 men to help out.

"But Lady Sith, we are trained to be soldiers not farmers." One argued. It was followed by a series of agreements.

"You think you are better than farmers? Let me tell you this. Farmers work day and night with their backs arched and tired. They have more stamina and strength than you and the only thing that threatened them is your sword. If they have the same weapons as you, then you'll be dead within minutes. Now, don't whine and come with me. We will be planting all morning till noon and let this be an alternative once you retire. Get your arses up and change. Don't want to scare the people now." They stopped complaining and started walking back to their barricades to change.

Once we reached the farmlands, I was greeted by two farmers who gladly assisted us. They were actually hesitant at first until I assured them that I will keep every soldier on track. I divided them into three. One will plow the land, the other will plant and the other will carry out the crops ready for trade. This will be a treat for farmers who worked so hard.

There were complains at some point but with a little bit of guidance, the only thing you could hear was their heavy breathing and the crunchy soil below. I decided to help some out since there were those who 'accidentally' dropped some crops ready for trade.

"If you can't even do a proper job in this tedious work, you better step down. Don't dare talk back to me because as long as you whine like a sissy, you have yet to show me your strength." Many awed at that but I simply walked out and brought down the crops. After that, the soldiers received a healthy lunch brought by the cook I trusted from the city. They were ecstatic and I was proud to say that they were shaped to be tough and gentle.

"All right boys! We've done our job! We can now return to the palace and rest. For those who still want to train, you can have a spar with me. I wanted to try something I haven't done in years." Some backed away but I had 5 of them who were ready to face the challenge.

At the training grounds near west, I unsheathed Marbas and used weapon equip. Purple scales appeared on my hand as I chant Marbas' spell.

"Spirit of Truth and Secrecy, I ask thee and thine to come and engulf me with your power. Use my magoi and turn me into a great magus. Come forth with your household, Marbas!" Water appeared beside me and I was happy to finally see his power. He was actually a water and mind djinn. Just like how Ose and Ronove predicted him to be.