Scroll 6: Kouen and Thais

Marbas, the Djinn of Truth and Secrecy, watched the two with amused eyes. He let out a boisterous laugh when Thais declared her claim.

"That was a nice entrance, Little Lady. So you want to be my King? Well then— Wait, you've been a conqueror but why is it that there are only traces left within you?" He asked. Thais froze in her position. It was the question she did not want to answer. She bit her lip in hesitation.

"I... My djinns sacrificed their life for my safety. Ose and Ronove were my family but they gave everything for me when I was captured. I don't really want to narrate my pitiful life, but I hope you deemed me rightful for your power, Marbas." She smiled. Marbas felt pity towards her but he knew that it will do her no good so he pat her head.

"Let me be the one to take care of you from now on then." He said. Thais gave him a smile for the thought. Soon, everything around them changed from stone to gold. The soldiers were at awe from the sight. Kouen trudged towards her and pointed at the twin knives.

"It looks like he finally resided in those weapons." He said. She saw Solomon's insignia on her knives and grinned. Once again, she was deemed worthy of being a dungeon conqueror.

After packing all the golds, they were transported out of the dungeon. Kouen and Thais stared at each other before the red haired prince asked for her presence. It terrified her a little to go back inside Kou's palace, but Kouen assured her protection. She nodded before grabbing her own fair share of gold.

"Gakin, take the soldiers with you and train them. I will be taking this young woman with me for a talk." His household member raised his eyebrow in confusion but followed nonetheless. They walked down the corridor and Thais felt the familiarity. Curiosity got the best of her and asked where Hakuyuu and Hakuren were. Kouen stopped by a room and they entered.

"How about you sit down first? We'll talk about everything since there was something strange about your disappearance. That happened in this country as well." She sat in front of him. Kouen initiated the talk.

"You've been gone for 14 and a half years and I assume that you know it. I do want to know how you disappeared and what happened to you." Thais sighed before her rukh flared up. The room seemed to change quite a bit. She informed him that she just placed a protection on the room from those who wanted to eavesdrop since their own magic was not yet that developed.

"I am well aware that I disappeared for a very long time. Fourteen years ago, we visited Kou for some diplomatic talk but then night time came and we were attacked. I don't know if you are aware that you are harboring the Al-Thamen." He remained quiet when Thais looked at him. It was evident that he knew. She clutched her arm while remembering the horrible things that happened inside the cell she was kept in. Kouen noticed her shaking body.

"You don't have to tell me any further."

"No, you deserve to know since I want to know what happened with Hakuyuu and Hakuren. I was kidnapped and kept by the organization. It seemed like they were interested with my rukh and djinn. I tried to escape but I was soiled. H-He took away everything. I wanted to disappear but I couldn't because of Leon and Sinbad." Kouen slammed his hands down in surprise. He raised his eyebrow and asked.

"You know Sinbad? That womanizer?" Thais snorted at the term. She knew that he will always be a ladies man. She unconsciously touched her ring and smiled.

"Yeah. You could say that we share a special connection. Anyways, I was saved by my djinns. I lost them. You say that they couldn't be killed easily? That is unless they give all their magic for something." She continued what happened to her djinns until she noticed the scroll on the table. It was in Toran language and it talked about the other world. She pointed out the scroll's meaning and Kouen's interest piqued. He inquired her knowledge regarding them which made her smirk. She did not know that he was quite a bookworm. Thais teased him but Kouen's face kinda terrified her.