Scroll 7: Sky

"I am here. I'm sorry for leaving you." She whispered behind him. Her hands were tightly clutched beside him. He could not believe his ears. She was here and he could feel her warmth. She was real and it was no magic nor illusion. In any case, Sinbad was not about to let her go. He clasped her hands tightly.

"I was losing hope. I thought you will not answer me back. I was scared. I was really scared. Ja'far was right. I shouldn't have lost hope. You're here now." This time, with courage in his hands, he turned to her and carefully engulfed her in his arms. Fear was still evident, but he knew that he had to know if she was really not just a figment of his imagination. Her unwavering blue eyes met his golden ones and he was assured of her presence.

"I am not going to let you go, not even Al-Thamen could." She smiled as she, herself, was not rejected. The Sinbad she loves was still there even if time changed him slowly. Thais pulled herself away from Sinbad and went to sit on the cliff. Of course, he followed through and held her hand. She tightened his hold which surprised him.

"That rescue mission that you and Leonhart established years ago, I'm grateful for that. You two gave me hope, but I will be honest with you, Sinbad. I experienced pure torture in that place. I was whipped, porched, drugged and lastly, sexually abused. I knew right away that I lost any right to be with you. I mean who would accept a broken woman like me. I desperately hid that from you and I hated myself. I hate myself for being a coward, for being weak. I'm so pathetic aren't I?" She laughed bitterly. Sinbad's eyes darkened at that. Al-Thamen had went too far and for Thais to hate herself, it was something he did not like. He held her shoulders and gave her a light kiss to the lips.

"I don't care about that. Al-Thamen may have broken you but I—no, we will pick those pieces together. I will love you for eternity until you learn to love yourself again. Just don't leave me." Her eyes widened and she gave him a warm smile. However, her body suddenly swayed over that made her fall from the cliff. Sinbad could not comprehend what just happened until his instincts came back and raced towards her.

"Thais! Spirit of Wrath and Heroes, I command thee and thy Household to feed on my magoi to empower my will with your great ability. Come forth, Baal!" Scales covered his body as he dove forward to catch her. He was able to reach her in time and he noticed just how exhausted she was. Sweat trickled down her face as she gasped for air. Sinbad quickly flew back to his castle and delivered her to their medical wing. The healer saw the panic look on his king while holding the body of a woman. He ushered him to put her in the bed while he got his supplies. Sinbad clutched her hand.

"Let me check on her. Hmm. Thank Solomon, she was just over-fatigued. I suggest her to rest for a couple of days before doing any work. Although, may I ask who she is, My King?" He held her hand to his lips for a gentle kiss.

"She is my Sun, you could say. I'm worried but I'm glad that it was nothing serious. I'm going to carry her to her room. Thank you." The healer nodded and left the king some list for her to eat once she wakes up. Sinbad carefully carried her unconscious body back to his room. There were no prepared guest room right now and he just wished that Thais will not be too flustered.

It took Thais three days before she woke up. It was late morning when her mind recognized the room she was in. She cradled her metal vessels near her and tried to remember what happened. She remembered arriving in Sindria, talking to Sinbad, their kiss, but after that, everything was a blur.

'Marbas, Seere, what happened?' She inquired. Marbas perked at her voice and quickly bombarded her with questions.

'Are you alright? Your rukh suddenly disconnected with ours and we were sure you lost consciousness. That stupid king nursed you back to health.' She smiled at that. Seere then decided to speak up.