Scroll 1: Alibaba

"Aladdin! Get out of the way!" A woman in her late 20s screamed as she pushed the boy away. Her long black hair swayed in the wind as the boy in her arms struggled to be released. Aladdin screamed in impatience as he demanded answers from the blue giant in front of them. This blue giant was what you could call a djinn.

"What on Earth am I?! Answer me!"

"I am sorry but I cannot disclose such information. Instead, I will grant you one wish. O Great King, what is it that you wish? Eternal life, great wealth, you name it." A velvet voice replied. The boy in the woman's arms froze at that statement. His mind wandered off to his wish.

'Aladdin.' He turned to face her and smile.

"I will let Ugo grant this wish, Thais-nee. Please don't worry about me." The said woman smiled at his thoughtfulness before forcing her rukh to fix the walls around them. Ugo had been too careless and she knew that she had to fix it.

'Aistieada!' The crumbled walls and pillars returned back to their original state but the magic exhausted her due to not having a corporeal body. Aladdin and Ugo seemed to be talking about a lot of things. She noticed the flustered look on his face which made her giggle. Walking down towards them, she asked what they were talking about.

"It's a secret, Thais-nee~" She gave him a deadpanned face before going back to her post which was near the shelves where she was arranging the books Aladdin used.

A month later

'What did you just say!? We have to go to the outside world? Are you sure about that? I mean, I am fine with it but how about Aladdin?' Thais asked. Ugo told her that she will be accompanying him. Thais grinned at the idea. Aladdin seemed a little clueless at what they were talking about until she relayed everything to him.

"Really!? We're going to go outside these walls? Hurray!" He cheered. Thais laughed at his enthusiasm. It was time for her to wake up and return to her world. It made her wonder what occurred during her fourteen-year of absence. She could only hope that it changed for the better and that everybody she knew were safe and sound.

Three weeks later
Qishan City
Thais' POV

"It's so hot! Why did I choose this thick clothes knowing that this city is quite deserted!?" Aladdin laughed at my outburst before suggesting that I should change somewhere. I took in his suggestion and went to a secluded area where I quickly changed to white button up shirt, black knee-length skirt and sandals (from Yrif). I was surprised when I found them in the caravan we met last week. When I got back, Aladdin was not where he was supposed to be.

"You gotta be kidding me right!? Where could he be!?" I ran around the town but I could not find him. If only I had my djinns, I could have found him. I was about to go somewhere else when I heard somebody shouting along the corner. What I saw was Aladdin and blonde man kneeling down some fat trader. They seemed to be apologizing about something.

'Why do I feel like Aladdin did something stupid again?' I sighed. Once I deemed that it was safe to go, I went ahead and bonked his head. Aladdin gasped in pain and I quickly asked what he did.

"I just tried those delicious watermelons, Thais-nee! No need to hit me." I pinched his cheeks. The man beside me stared at us as if we were strangers. Well, we were strangers. I quickly apologized for Aladdin's mistake. He scratched his cheeks in embarrassment.

"It's fine, really."

"I see, then, we'll be going. Thank you for saving this munchkin." We walked off towards the market since we had to stock up a lot of food for our travels. I bought some meat and preservatives when Aladdin disappeared again. An irk mark popped on my head and I was really irritated. He just deserted me.