Scroll 19: Captive

Aspian Sea
Thais' POV

It was finally night time. I walked around the deck while thinking of things. It had been 5 days ever since we departed from Reim to Kou. Leonhart asked me tons of questions when we boarded the ship but one thing that I could not assure him was Sinbad's understanding. I was sure that he was confused when I told him about that 'sleep' and I was sure that Yunan never revealed anything to him about the rukh, the Sacred Palace and more so, the Djinns.

"At least I was able to tell him even though he didn't understand most of it. I'm sure he was confused when I mentioned Ugo's name and the rukh and all but I am sure that he understood the gist of it. I hope I could stay a little longer but I guess I can't anymore." I mumbled to myself as I watch the stars twinkle above me. They were shining bright today unlike the past days.

"He must have think some of them crazy but this world is as crazy as it is. Don't you think, Ose, Ronove?" I questioned my djinns.

'Yes, this world has been bizarre but in the midst of that, there is still something special we have yet to discover.' Ose uttered.

'I see that you have accepted your fate already but what is it that worries you, Thais?' Ronove asked. I frowned at that. I told them about the feeling I had been getting ever since we encountered that cloaked man. It was as if he was going use me as a pawn or worse, something bad to the people I cared for.

'I see. I am wary about them as well but their presence were familiar. I bet if you were to talk to Ugo, you'll be able to know that organization.' Ose suggested. My grip on the railing of he shop tightened as I thought of that strange curiosity I have for the organization. Not knowing if I could enter the Sacred Palace or even just hear Ugo's voice would be possible, I went back to bed and slept.

My body and soul felt light and I was sure that my rukh was forcing itself to go inside the Sacred Palace. Ugo once told me that going inside the Sacred Palace would be suicide unless he called upon that rukh himself. I was in front of it and I was sure that with a little force, my rukh will be safe.

'Ugo.'

"Thais? What are you doing here?" He questioned me. The door opened and there, his head laid on the floor along with some strange creatures supporting it. I walked towards him and sat down.

'What is the name of the organization you warn me? I want to know. Please don't keep me in the dark.' He was taken aback by my request. He scrunched his face before telling me their name.

'Al Thamen? Father?' He proceeded to tell me most of the things that he knew. I suddenly felt chilly when he mentioned their mission. Truth to be told, I could only think of them as crazy people.

"Thais. This is no joke. They are very dangerous and I want you to be careful since I could feel a strong evil presence towards the country you're visiting. I will come get you soon and I hope you have already done everything." He said solemnly. I clenched my fist tightly, avoiding his gaze. I was still reluctant to go.

"Thais."

'I-I... Got it. I'll just leave them a small memento. It was nice talking to you, Ugo. Have a goodnight.' My consciousness started to fade and before I knew it, darkness enveloped me.

Two days later, we finally reached Kou and we were docking. Surprisingly, we were welcomed by Kou soldiers. In front of us was a man, my age, wearing the typical soldier suit. I gave them a smile while the man remained stoic. What was remarkable about him was his messy red hair and piercing eyes. He just bowed down and ushered us to a carriage. Inside, we were met by two young men with blue hair and striking blue eyes.