Scroll 11: Heliophat

Yrif Kingdom
Thais' POV

"These are a lot." I looked at my table only to see stocks of paper needed to be signed. Leonhart just shrugged his shoulder before going to his own paperworks. I just returned to Yrif four days ago and Leonhart was quite satisfied with what happened but not with the showdown.

'Of course he wouldn't. That was still reckless regardless but I'd say it had to be done.' Ronove uttered. I smiled while signing the papers.

'Let's see. These are from the diplomatic travels that we had. Most have accepted alliance with us. On the other hand, I have papers requesting alliance.' I quickly finished the first stock of papers before going to the other.

"Hey, Leon. Did you know that we received a letter from Heliophat?" He raised his eyebrow at me. I merely showed the letter and his eyes narrowed.

"I remember that. It was sent to me through an eagle. I don't appreciate this so much but we should take a look at that country and perhaps see if it is worth it." I nodded, trusting his opinion for this. The letter was quite strange because it was inviting us to Heliophat and there were some kind of babbling about a division with the rulers.

'Messed up.'

'Who wrote that anyway?' Ose asked. I told him that it was some person named Gafra Ka. He laughed at how weird it sounded which made me force my rukh to hit him.

'Stop laughing you dolt.' Ronove snickered in my head before ushering me to accomplish reading the requests. I sighed. Reading them was boring but a couple of letters did interest me a little. After two hours of doing paperworks, I stocked up the requests that we needed to attend to. Leonhart left an hour ago to assist our citizens regarding a couple of issues. I had to go as well for some business by the laboratory and the barrier.

"I hope they are already done with the research." The soldiers protecting the laboratory welcomed me inside and the first thing that surprised me was the monitor upfront.

"You did well, Hilal." He turned around to grin at me.

"Welcome back, Lady Thais. Our researches had been doing well. New medicines were created and the devices advanced to the point that we could generate electricity without a problem. However, I would love you to look at this." He led me to a table where researchers had been generating electricity. On the table was some kind of chemical. They demonstrated what the chemical could do to a plant.

"Wow! It grew fast! This would surely help us economically! Although I must ask, have you tested its effect on the plants nutrients? Won't it be dangerous to human health?"

"We..."

"I see. That is your next task then, Hilal but I'm proud of your work, guys. We will make our country advance in this world and be known."

"Yes, Lady Thais!" They grinned to each other which made me laugh at their antics. I went to the medicine section where they were creating new types of medicine using some of the plants we have gathered from the Dark Continent.

"Is this enough, Renald? I am not sure if these plants are enough." I asked our top scientist. He assured me that for the experimentation, it was enough but if the medicine will ever be successful, we will have to gather more raw materials. There should be a quick access in case of emergency.

"I see."

'Heliophat, you had an invitation right? Take that and see if we can create an alliance with them.' Ronove advised. I agreed with him mentally. After checking out the laboratory, I went to the tower where the barrier was maintained. With our magic, we created a stronger barrier to keep the evil away from our country. From what I had seen from the statistics, it looked like we have to create a repercussion to the left side of the barrier where the Shamlash had tried to destroy. I was quite troubled with how they were able to accomplish such feat. Our barrier could not be destroyed easily unless you have a strong magician with you.