Scroll 14: Showdown

It was late night when I felt my tent open up. Rolling around, I saw that it was Leonhart who went inside. He hesitated for a moment before asking me to take a walk with him. I yawned before standing up lazily. He held my hand as we stood a little further away from our camp.

"Is there something wrong that you woke me up this early, Leon?" I asked tiredly. He did not look at me in the eye.

"Leon?"

"Are you in love with Sinbad?" He murmured. My eyes widened at the sudden question. I could not answer him out of embarrassment but I guess the red hue on my cheeks proved it enough. He sighed.

"I guess that blush answers it all. You do know his nature don't you?" I nodded. I told him that he may have a sly attitude but nonetheless, he had the determination. I also admired his funny side no matter how perverted he could be. Leonhart patted my head.

"I lost."

"Huh?" I tilted my head in confusion. Leonhart just chuckled at me. I pouted for a second before laughing alongside him. I did not know what was going on his mind but I was glad that he loosened up a little bit. It had been a long time since I last saw this side of him.

"You know, Leon. I still remember the time when you kissed me. I couldn't return your feelings because you are my family. I will treasure you forever but I will never be able to see you in that way. I appreciate that though because you were true to yourself. I also want to be true to my own self. I bet you would be angry with me if I tell it to you now." I whispered the last part to myself. Thankfully, he did not hear the last part. We watched the stars for a little while until I felt my eyes go heavy.

"I should hit the hay again. Do you want to sleep together like the old times?" I suggested. He declined my offer and told me that he will sleeping near the kid's tent. I nodded before going back to my tent. I thought I will have a peaceful sleep until I came face-to-face with Ugo once more.

"Ugo? What am I doing here in the Sacred Palace?" He glanced down at me before telling me that my time will be up soon. I unconsciously clenched my fists. The blue giant let out a heavy sigh.

"I am sorry, Thais but we don't have much time. Once you return from your journey, a member of that organization will be able to finally find you."

"J-Just give me a little more time. I want to help Leonhart and Sinbad while I still can and I want to know who that organization is you are talking about."

"It would be better if you will not know."

"But I want to!" I argued. Ugo shook his head but I went to him and urged him to say something. He hesitated. The blue giant was about to tell me something when a small body crashed on to me. I accidentally hit the books and unconsciously protected that body. I looked up to see Aladdin with a huge smile on his face.

"Miss Thais! You're back."

"It's nice to see you, Aladdin." I hugged the little boy. Ugo checked us after that impact and I assured him that we were all right. Ugo scolded the little boy after wards. Aladdin was saddened but I told him that it was just Ugo's way of caring.

"Thais. I will give you a warning. Your body will feel that and I hope you will do everything before your time ends." Ugo said. I thanked him before my surrounding changed. I fell into a deep abyss of sleep.