Scroll 15: Toran and Judal

"This is definitely the Toran village." Ja'far glanced at his map once more to confirm it. Sinbad was astound at the village in front of them. All of them were glad to finally find it after experiencing the horrors of the desert.

"I'm sorry about that. I only heard of this village as well." Sharrkan apologized shyly. Masrur let out a small smile.

"It sure was a long way."

"All right. Let's ask the people out here. Excuse me, Miss?" Sinbad approached a Toran woman but before he could even come near them, they scurried away. The group was surprised with a barrage of spear pointed at them. The villagers spoke of language they were not familiar.

"What are they saying!?" Sinbad asked.

"T-They're speaking the Toran language." Sharrkan answered him. The men around him continued to drive them away but Sinbad was determined. He suggested that they should all calm down but it fell on deaf ears. Just then, their spears were broken into pieces. Masrur stood in front of them.

"Sin, if words won't reach them, I can silence them by force." He uttered darkly. Sinbad's eyes widened and quickly stopped the young Fanalis for it will just provoke the villagers more.

"Put your weapons down. You as well, travelers." An old man came from behind. He introduced himself as the chief of the village. He scrutinized the red haired kid accompanying Sinbad and knew right away that he was a young Fanalis.

"That red hair and those eyes, you're a Fanalis aren't you?"

"Yes." He simply answered. Ja'far and Sharrkan asked if he knew about them. The chief confirmed it but he broke the bad news to them. He told them that Fanalis lived near them but as of the present, there were no Fanalis left. Near them was a village full of settlements. There, the Fanalis lived but they were targeted by slave traders and were annihilated.

"H-How could the strongest people in the world be annihilated?" Ja'far asked.

"The Fanalis are still humans. Slave traders took that to their advantage. You're from Heliophat aren't you? The medicines hailed from Heliophat are very effective even for a Fanalis. They pretended to be their friend, deceived them and drugged them. They took children as hostages which subdued the adults. They showed no mercy." He told them while looking straight at Sharrkan. The poor kid shook in fear at his cold look.

The chief also told them that their village was once persecuted to slave traders. They were targeted but they fought. That was the reason for their extreme distrust towards outsiders. Masrur pursed his lips tightly. He asked the village chief where the village was.

"There was once a village but now—"

"I won't accept it unless I see it with my own eyes." He said before dashing off. His heart could not accept the fact that his only wish to see his own kind would forever be held away from him. Ja'far was about to follow the young Fanalis but Sinbad quickly stopped him.

"There are things that he needed to see for himself to believe."

"Sin..."

"I'll go check on him." Sharrkan said before dashing off after Masrur. Sinbad told Ja'far to let them be since they had something to talk with the Toran people. The chief village insisted that they did not trust outsiders so they will not listen. Sinbad was not one to give up so the village chief let him.